3. Costa Diadema
I choose this cruise, primarily because I was able to coordinate dates with a friend and because it is a newer ship. I didn't appreciate how large it is and I found it too large for my taste, and there was a lack of information about some services on board - such as which bars actually will serve a cappuccino? The atmosphere was very much family oriented which made it noisy and hectic. If I had read the ship features more closely I would have realized that this ship would be catering to families. As some other reviews have pointed out, what you get for your money is the ship. No information about the ports you stop at, and the shuttle was for a fee 10 - 12 euros per person at each port. It seemed like they are pinching pennies in ways that detract from the overall experience - being changed for water in our room even though we had a drinks package, being able to get a cappuccino at the bar, but the pastries at the bar were for a price, even though you could go to the dining room and get all the pastries you wanted. Overall the food was ok to good. A little disappointing given the Italian pride in their cuisine. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and our waiter in the dining room was very thoughtful. Getting off and on was well organized and delays were kept to a minimum.

Not a great experience for me.

Costa Diadema Cruise Review by Barbara527

Getting off and on was well organized and delays were kept to a minimum.
Barbara527’s Full Rating Summary