Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by frontdesklady

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 1A

This cruise has become an annual "get away from the snow" event. I guess it'll be our last one for 14 nights so we are joining a lot of other disappointed cruisers who have become spoiled. It'll be hard to replace, impossible on Celebrity but we are booked for a 12 night Med. cruise this September on Eclipse and with Captain Leo.

I recently became on the the 15 or 20 percent of the population who suffers from GERD and I was worried that the whole dining experience would be very dull. I was completely wrong. There were plenty of wonderful things on the menu and even at the Elite cocktail party every night. No problems whatsoever.

We are longtime fans of Celebrity and I cannot, if my life depended upon it, find anything serious to complain about on any of the Celebrity ships. The crew has always been friendly, kind and helpful. They keep us well fed, entertained and cared for.

I would suggest another ship or cruise line for someone who is looking for 24 hour parties and lots of action. This cruise in particular attracted an older group, probably because they have the time and can afford the fare. In no way is it a floating nursing home. I would rather describe it as a ship with polite passengers between the ages of 50 to whatever.

The shows have improved a great deal and there is entertainment, other than the showroom, all over the ship.

I did get a pretty bad cold on the next to last day and it turned out to be an upper respiratory infection. In 36 or more cruises it is about the 3rd time for this. Next time I will take Airborne, a saline spray, Emergen C, Halo, or whatever precaution is available pre-cruise. We will also avoid the buffets if possible. To many people milling around, to many opportunities for contact with sniffers, etc. It's too bad. I don't blame the cruiseline. They are constantly cleaning, squirting disinfectant and trying their best to keep everyone healthy.

frontdesklady's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 1A
Cabin 1A 8240

The cabin was very clean and the steward (Rumer) did and outstanding job. He is such a nice young man!

Beach

I can't remember the actual name of the beach but it was very nice. We went to it last year as well. The island is struggling to get back to normal and the tour guise and owners of the resort we visited were very grateful for the help the cruiseline was giving the islanders who have suffered terribly from the hurricane. The roads from the port, through Phillipsburg are in tough shape.

Lovely, picture perfect beach with a nice lunch, drinks and chairs

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Bonaire

We have a tradition of visiting the Boatyard Beach and have been going there for years. We love it!!!! They even know us there and are very welcoming. We wouldn't miss it for the world.

Curacao

This is a very colorful and pretty port. Great shopping. We've been there many times and can't get to excited about it.

Aruba

This is another favorite of ours, WE take the bus to Palm Beach. Very pretty.

frontdesklady