3. Royal Princess
Princess Cruise Lines has always been a line with which I personally prefer to travel. I chose this particular cruise due to the value. Not having children allows me the flexibility to travel off-season when I can often get the best value for my money. Having travelled to the Ports of call offered on this cruise, it was nice to see that there were some different shore excursions offered than my previous cruise to these destinations. Princess Cayes in the Bahamas never disappoints if you are looking for a beach day or an adventure with the Southern Rays. This small island is well kept, very clean and offers a variety of fun and adventure for all ages. This was my first time in the water with the Southern Sting Rays. I admit that I was a bit nervous at first but, quickly relaxed once the "handlers" educated me on what to expect and how to interact with these beautiful, docile Rays. They were extremely silky to the touch and very friendly. At less than $40. per person for this excursion, I would highly recommend it for young and old. The group of people I was with ranged in age from about eight years old to sixty. Everyone left with good remarks on the experience. My favourite experience on the Royal Princess was the "Encore" show. It was a very operatic production featuring a guest Soprano who was one of the most talented vocalists I have ever seen on a cruise ship. Even the orchestra was well selected to include a string trio of three ladies from Belarus who demonstrated great skill with classical music. The entire show was one I thought deserved the standing ovations it received. One thing I must caution about is the extremely hot deck surfaces in the adult pool and hot tub area. Don't even consider crossing from your lounge to a hot tub without wearing your flip-flops or sandals. The result will be instant blisters. It happened to me. Wear your flip-flops right up to the edge of the pool or hot tub. Even the steps leading to the pool and hot tubs are painted to look like brown wood. THEY ARE NOT!!! HOT! HOT! HOT! I was not the only burn victim who actually got blisters in seconds. A helpful tip for those who are light drinkers such as myself: you may want to consider ordering the 375ml bottles of alcohol for your stateroom. these must be ordered and purchased online at least a few days or more prior to the sailing date. This option is not available once you set sail. It's quite economical and there is a decent variety of liquor from which to make your selections. I also ordered a soft drink package which included frozen "mocktails" such as Daiquiri's, etc. I knew I would not get the value from the unlimited beverage package at approx. $59. per day. If you do like wine with dinner, ordering by the bottle or a wine package may be a better value as they will re-cork any left from your first use and it can be consumed another time. You may also bring on one bottle of wine or champagne in your checked luggage per person. If you don't consume it in your stateroom, a corkage fee of $15. will apply.

Good Value Cruise - High end "Encore" Show

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Traveller I am

Traveller I am’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony
Cabin DF B509
The cabin was well appointed but I was put off by the pink mould along the bottom of the shower curtain. It was not just a small amount either. I had a very good stateroom steward.
There were also marks on the bedding in some spots. They had been freshly laundered but were beginning to show signs of wear. The comforter had a hole the size of a pecil eraser near the foot on one side. This was from normal wear.
The sliding door to the balcony was very challenging to open as well.
I did really appreciate the complimentary robes for use in the stateroom and the frequency of refreshing the towels and turning down the bed.
The steward also kept the ice bucket refilled daily and in the refrigerator.
Loved the Chocolate Dipped Strawberries in celebration of my birthday and the other perks. A nice way to set sail.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    I stayed overnight, post cruise at La Quinta Hollywood Airport. After a very early disembarkation, I really wanted lunch and a nap.
    With an early flight the next morning, a bit of shopping and a swim were a good way to spend the day before dinner and bed.
    On a previous stay, Airboats and alligators were a fun excursion.
    View All 1,926 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Princess Cays
    At just under $40., this experience was well worth the reasonable price. My group ranged in age from eight years old to about sixty. The Rays were docile and friendly.
    I really enjoyed them.
    Princess Cayes was very clean and well maintained. Lots of beach activities and facillities. A good first stop for those in search of a warm up after travelling to the cruise from colder temperatures.
    View All 12,984 Princess Cays Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Princess Cays Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maartan Airport Tour
    This excursion will take you to see "Runway Beach" by boat. Once there, the captain announces when airplanes will be landing/taking off. Many good photo opportunities. If you have't seen the videos on You-Tube, you're in for a surprize. You'll see many adults clinging to the fence between the beach and the roadway across from the airport. They try to hold on as the larger jets turn, in preparation of take-off, to see who can hold on to the fence the longest before being blown off by the jet wash.
    I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw this. The jets are very close and the pilots wave at the people on the beach as they taxi into take-off position. It's a crazy sight. Definitely a "do once".
    View All 96 St. Maartan Airport Tour Reviews
  • Catamaran Tour
    On this two site, Turtle Cove Snorkel and Catamaran Sail, there is a shipwreck and vibrant marine life and turtles. The water was clear and reasonably warm. The Catamaran was well maintained and the crew was friendly and helpful. It was enjoyable and relaxing. The Catamaran was a short walk down the pier from the ship. The complimentary beverage service was plentiful after the snorkelling was concluded. I often look forward to a Catamaran sail when in St. Thomas. I would definitely recommend "Castaway Girl" company.
    View All 157 Catamaran Tour Reviews