3. Carnival Ecstasy
I just returned from my first ever cruise. We choose the 7 day cruise at recommendation of our travel agent as we had no experience. The cruise was fun and I hopefully will book more in the future but will definitely do more research of my own. To begin with, the food was far below my expectations, I think I have had better food at Golden Coral buffet, and I am referring to the food in Windstar dinning room. The Lido deck food was exactly as I expected and where I had more enjoyable food. The Dining room staff, Edy and Joseph were excellent. Show Time was my favorite nightly entertainement, loved it. Joseph and Edy are spot on. Brittany the cruise director was excellent, she was engaged daily and entertaining. I loved the game shows, dance parties, or numerous competitions on the lido deck, kept everyone entertained. My room was oceanview on upper deck and Nur was our attendant. He had our names memorized day one, was polite, friendly, and 100% there to meet the guest needs. My room was well cleaned daily and stocked with fresh linens, beach towels upon request. The day in Nassau was overcast and rainy, we found a private travel guide and took a 2 hour trip around the island. Rum factory had great pina coladas, didn't purchase rum and now regret it. Grand Turk beautiful water, we chose the snorkeling excursion and had a blast. The catamaran was broken down, but we were given a 25% discount and used a different vessel. Had a great time and enjoyed the free rum punch. Now let's get to the bad... Shame on Carnival. We purchased the alcohol package at 50$ a day, we both had to buy and for all 7days. I knew going into it I would not probably drink 15 drinks a day, but the math one drink x $9 x 5 or six drinks a day, ok probably be ok. I knew my spouse would probably drink his Michelobe ultra worth at the cost. Where do I start, couldn't get but one drink every 5 minutes, couldn't get a bucket of beer or even a bucket of ice for the beer because we had the drink card. So, by time the waiter would get back to us with the beer it would be hot. Really, you couldn't deliver the beers in a bucket of ice to even keep it cold.... To top of the frustration, remember I have a drink pass, and had to get it for all 7 days. Half moon Cay is a private island owned by Carnival, no one lives on the island. When we arrived at the island Carnival removed the contents of the blue iguana bar to stock the island, Carnival staff staffed the bar, it was a hot 82 degrees, but guess what? I had to buy drinks on the island from Carnival, because my 50$ drink pass for the day didn't work on the island. CARNIVAL that needs to be revisited, ever who came up with that policy is greedy and has poor customer service. Just a scam to get more money from their customers knowing there was no other option to self pay for drinks I feel like I had already paid for. Carnival needs to work on their dining room food and their drink plan. I will definitely look into other companies myself before I book my next cruise.

7 day cruise to Bahamas, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turks

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Button1971

Button1971’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C U155
No problems. Nur was the best.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins