3. Carnival Pride
We had a w/c accessible cabin (6182) for my mom who is in a w/c, myself and a friend. First for the god- Embarkation and disembarkation was easier than anything ever experienced on any other cruise ship/line. The crew was great/very very attentive to needs and went above and beyond, especially to help with my mom and make her feel included (she is 84). The cruise director, Leigh, was phenomenal. He is the one that really made this trip what it was. He was very funny, full of life and kept the fun going the whole trip. Entertainment was average and although the dancers were very skilled, the shows were simply average. No bells and whistles like on other cruise ships. Our cabin steward (Michael) was great, very attentive and so skilled with the towel animals. Our cabin was spotlessly clean and although he straightened the cabin and cleaned he respected our belongings and didn't rearrange everything, which is very important to us. Now, for the negatives and there are quite a few... When we arrived in our cabin, we noticed that the balcony, which had 2 chairs and 2 loungers, was covered in white paint flakes. The paint had apparently chipped off and was all over the chairs. I mentioned it to Michael and he said he would sweep it off. However, every time we went out to use the balcony, it continued to flake and get back onto the chairs. Not too big of a deal because we simply put towels down to sit on but when we tried to sit outside on the balcony for 1/2 hr one day, I came in and had paint flakes all in my hair so that was the end of that...we used the balcony for a total of 45 min. maybe the whole trip. Unfortunately we were hoping to enjoy the balcony but that wasn't the case. The cabin, which is a wheelchair accessible one, is HUGE. And the bathroom is bigger than most cabins themselves. I felt like we were in a mansion for a week. The room was clean overall but the carpets were terribly stained. They were not "dirty" but just covered in old stains. I completely understand that the crew is limited with what they can do between sailings but it is worth mentioning. Many of the drawers in the cabin were hard to open, almost as if they were stuck. The handle on the one closet was half falling off. I did let housekeeping know about everything so that hopefully it will be fixed. I must add that there is tons of space for clothing, belongings etc. The food at the buffet and what was served (some of the times) in the dining room was lukewarm at best. I did mention it to them as well. Many times the lemonade/tea machine was completely out. I also didn't feel that the cleaning on this ship was as great as it was on NCL. On NCL they have "Happy Happy Washy Washy " people who literally stand at the door to the buffet and spritz your hands with hand sanitizer. There were little germex machines available but of course you have those guests who don't use them and continue to cough into their hands and touch everything so.... But when some of the crew cleared the table, they took plates and about only 50% of the time actually wiped the table down. Many times I had to find someone to ask them to clear the table for us. On other ships it seems like they are waiting to jump on the chance to do that as soon as guests get up from eating. The BIG thing was the horrific odor in the cabin on the last day. We were told to stay in the cabin because my mom needed w/c assistance. We ate and returned at 8:45 am for a 9:30am pick up time from guest services. We had the cabin door and balcony doors closed (it was chilly and mom was cold). We noticed a very strong paint ?? odor suddenly in the cabin that seemed to be getting worse by the minute. A few minutes later we were all starting with headaches and feeling woozy so we opened the balcony and cabin doors to ventilate. I have no idea what it was but it was strong. I assumed they were painting since they have such limited time to do so. Of course, opening the doors made the cabin very chilly. I called to guest services twice trying to find out if we could possibly get the transfer w/c earlier rather than later and was hung up on twice (not very reassuring knowing that they could tell the call was coming from a room with a guest having special needs). Finally the person with the transfer w/c showed up at 9:45 but we had to remain in the area where the odor was for an hour. It was very strong. I am a Carnival and NCL fan. Love the companies but this last cruise really has me changing my mind about who I will sail with next. If it wasn't for the crew/staff and the cruise director being so absolutely wonderful... I honestly would not be returning to Carnival. Pride is an old ship and she is definitely showing it

If not for the cruise director, we would not return to Carnival

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by travelinmama

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda

travelinmama’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Very large w/c acces. cabin. Needs to be updated. Paint flaking on balcony. Stains on carpet (although it was clean... stains are old), some drawers stick. Handle loose on one closet door.
Bathroom and cabin are huge. Easy to turn w/c around etc
Bathroom has shower with shower bench (no lip at all to walk over) and what looked like some sort of hot tub/jacuzzi??? We did not use so I'm not sure
  Carnival Pride Deck Plans