3. Voyager of the Seas
1. There was no sailaway party, we have had this on every previous cruise and this sets the scene and celebration for the rest of the cruise. 2. The opening night had no introduction to the entertainment crew, instead a very ordinary , dull comedian was put on. 3. The second night the show was billed but not presented, apparently due to bad weather however the ship did not appear to be rocking much at all. The cruise director presented the same jokes about the ship rocking again, with sexual innuendo and every single night after this. He had very little rapport with the audience, or command of the show and seemed to fall back on lame cliché jokes night after night. No introduction was again made to the entertainment crew. Instead we had a show more suitable for a small piano bar as it amounted to two singers singing some cover songs thrown together at the last minute. Yes they were good singers and talented but this is not at all what I would expect on the big stage on a large cruise ship. 4. The evening entertainment continued this way the ENTIRE cruise with the promised ‘big’ show being cancelled a second time and subsequently each time a last minute show with 2 singers singing songs that is more suited to a piano bar. 5. The reason given the second time from Carlos who said ‘I want to tell you the truth and not lie to you it’s the software for the screens has broken down’ I have trouble believing this. In this event I would of expected the show to still go ahead if it had been practiced and prepared without the screens? 6. I phoned the desk several times to complain about the lack of show, and lame excuse, Carlos did call our cabin once but we weren’t in. 7. DAYTIME entertainment: The quizzes were oversubscribed and disorganised. Ie not enough pencils, started late , not enough room. 8. DANCE lessons were oversubscribed and disorganised on two occaissions we turned up on deck and no one turned up at the allotted time several people were waiting and we were asking around is there a lesson on today??? Various crew members were asked and didn’t know what was going on. Eventually some came to take the lesson but there wasn’t the room or floor space for us all . I want to add that the entertainment crew did their best under these circumstances with what they had. However this didn’t meet the standard I would expect on a cruise liner. 9. DINING ROOM: Plastic plates and plastic bowls for grown ups in the buffet and paper cups. This is insulting I have been on other liners and never ever had plastic ware to eat off. I was really disgusted by this putting hot food on plastic I hated it. 10. The only night club dance floor on the 14th deck is so small to cater for the population of the passengers on the ship. 11. The lack of theme nights was a real disappointment I phoned and emailed to ask if any theme nights were planned and got told there was none. 12. I also have photos of broken hardware in the toilets, fittings etc to share but this was really the least of our issues. the cabin was clean and comofortable and the food in the silver servic e restaurant was good.

Poor quality of entertainment, plastic plates in the windjammer restaurant

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Lisa Julia

Lisa Julia’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Overall good a little updating would make it perfect
  Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans