3. Grand Classica
I would like to take a few minutes of your time to update you on our very poor cruise experience. Can you please pass along to any other party that may be involved? Your supervisor etc… We sailed o 4/13/18 and spent two nights at the Grand Lucaya Lighthouse. Which by the way was a true blessing and enjoyed it very much. First of all I have a question. Why do people take vacation? To: enjoy, relax, destress, etc… Well this cruise was the absolute worst we have ever been on. I would like to share with you and the cruise line. This was so stressful and very aggravating. Please refund me the monies that we were charged for transportation as we were told you did not offer any but conveniently charged us $36.00. We paid for a taxi both trips to and from the hotel. I also would like to request a refund of the cruise monies or some type of compensation as this was a true nightmare of an experience. Listed below are Huge concerns that you need to be aware of. I do understand this was the first sailing and please don’t use that as an excuse as you have another boat with experience. 04/13/18 we did not leave port until approximately 8PM no one could tell us why nor were we advised. Our thinking part of it was the casino was nowhere finished they were still setting up slot machines and tables and the stores. Food was absolutely terrible not eatable. We ate bread and fruit and bought chips the two days we were on your ship. We did finally get to order a pizza on 4/13/18 at 8PM because we were told they were not ready to open. You hear people say we gained so many pounds on the cruise. Well not on this one my husband lost 8 pounds and myself 4 pounds. We were unable to shower as well as you should have been able to. NO WASH CLOTHS!!! WHAT never heard of such thing? We were told to use our hands. REALLY!!! When we finally arrive in the Bahamas we gathered our luggage and tried to get off the ship. WELL guess what they wouldn’t let us off the ship told us we had to go to the customer service desk. My husband headed upstairs as I stayed with our luggage. Of course the line was long as it was the entire trip due to everyone unhappy and complaining. As I am patiently waiting watching everyone leave. My husband was told he had to pay $104.00 cash before we could exit the boat?? WHY?? They had our credit card on file. Eventually they said okay and let us off the ship with no cash payment. So an hour of our time was wasted for nothing. Why were they doing this to rip people off and charge double??? Meantime as I am waiting for my husband “the cruise director” standing right next to me never said a word. One of the employees pointed out 3 blood spots on the floor to him. He never did anything about it. People walking and standing all over the blood spots. This was very unsanitary and a huge health concern. When we finally were able to exit the ship we had to locate a taxi even though we were charged $36.00 for transportation to the hotel and it was not provided. As I had mentioned above we enjoyed the hotel was very nice. Food and shower was refreshing as we were not able to do this on the ship. Which is unheard of. The drink coupons: My husband bought a pack we are not heavy drinkers of alcohol. We wanted to use some of them for soda the coupon read non-alcohol drinks can be served. We were told NO and charged the soda to the room. We paid for the coupons and should have been able to use them as we wanted. So what if the coupon was worth $12.00 and we wanted 2 $6.00 sodas. They were our coupons we should have been able to use them as we wanted. 4/16/18 we checked out of the hotel dreading the return to the ship. Called a taxi for transportation that we again paid for. Made sure we ate extra food and took a shower before we returned to the ship. We had hoped that maybe on our return trip on the ship would be better being we were off for 2 days. Well not even a little better it was a nightmare and very stressful. Surprise : NO eatable food or wash cloths. The casino pit boss (short bald guy spoke not much English) was very rude. When my husband was winning he would change the dealer. We are seasoned players and this was offensive and never seen this done as obvious as it was. This was a joke. The morning of the 4/16/18 we were so ready to get off this ship we went downstairs approx.. 8:15AM had our luggage in hand and when they scanned our cards told us we had to go to customer service desk again. NOOOOO ! We wanted to get off this ship as fast as we could. So we went to the desk with our luggage to find guess what a huge line of people mad and complaining. Waited in line for another hour handed the girl our card and she looks at me puzzled and said “YOUR CARD IS NOT BLOCKED” so guess what we waited again for absolutely no reason. She said just a minute and my husband followed her as she spoke with the same guy at the door that had no idea what is going on. Showed him that our card was not blocked. So after again waiting for nothing we were finally on our way home. This cruise vacation was not enjoyable what so ever! This was just a few highlights of this terrible trip! Thank you for taking the time to review and I am looking forward from hearing from you. And will be waiting for a refund.

Beware !!!

Grand Classica Cruise Review by Dawn I

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

Surprise : NO eatable food or wash cloths.

Dawn I’s Full Rating Summary