3. Viking Lif
It was all about the itinerary. To list all the defects would be redundant from others who have already complained. The food was cold, the meat was tough and grizzly. The lack of vegetables that were not over cooked was negligent. The service in the dining room was almost non-existent. Extremely under staffed and poorly trained staff. Exception: bar staff on 3rd floor was Great! Ran out of Hendricks though!! Food servers reaching over others to deliver food that was not theirs but belonged to another table. Tables were never cleared between courses. The excursions were excellent, if you were a 20 year old and could walk 1 mile in 15 minutes, otherwise stay on board or go to the local area. If you like to sleep do not get a room on the 3rd floor. The track is above you and people run early and late, just as you are sleeping. If you were disabled, forget it. No elevator from 1st to 2nd floor, where the dining room was. Egress and ingress to the boat requires a degree in obstacle courses and climbing equipment. Someone asked me if I had complained to the company? I said no. The reason is: read the complaints and you will see the company never answers the complaints online, in writing. They always want to call the person lodging the complaint and mostly do nothing. If they do something it is usually giving the complainant a discount on a future cruise. Why would you want to cruise on a boat with such lousy service? I have lodged my complaint with my travel agent of over 30 years. She informed me she will not book with them again. I strongly recommend you do not also.

Extremely Poor Food Service, Food Quality, Excursions

Viking Lif Cruise Review by teachergeo

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite
Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Dear Teachergeo, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent cruise. We’re sorry to hear that the food, service and itinerary did not meet expectation. Rest assured, your comments about your experience on Viking Lif have been recorded for review by our Executive Team. Should you wish to share additional details about your journey, we would be happy to hear from you at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. We appreciate your feedback, and wish you a lovely day. Kind regards, Viking Cruises
teachergeo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Lif price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 320
Small, well maintained by staff.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins