3. Ovation of the Seas
Boarding - Boarded in Sydney, very organized much improved with the improvements we boarded a bit faster with Platinum level but still looked fairly fast for everyone. Ship is very impressive nice and clean and very spacious. Tip - We hopped on the North star straight away to get the best view of Sydney harbour before the queues began. Dining - We ate at the Windjammer most times as we lie to please ourselves when we dine.fFood was superb as usual, spoilt for choice, we also ate at the 270 café this was good for healthy options, also we ate at the Bistro on deck 14. I don’t see the need to pay for posh nosh when you can eat like a king within the package, but different strokes for different folks! Staff – All the staff were very helpful and polite the bar staff in the music hall and Michaels Pub in particular. Entertainment – Singers and Dancers were really good but I think the singers need to do a few more shows. The entertainment on the whole seemed to be aimed at the older generation. Plenty of activities though and overall you should not get bored. Silent disco was fun, Music hall is a good experience, Lyndon on piano at the Schooner bar was very good and a top guy. Shops – On-board shopping was a bit limited and I think RCL need to improve this, too many top end retailers, some I never saw one person in for my whole 14 days! A good selection of affordable quality stores would boost on-board sales I feel. Overall experience was very good, apart from the cabin noise issues.

Overall Nice ship but noise issues

Ovation of the Seas Cruise Review by kenny-in-oz

Overall experience was very good, apart from the cabin noise issues.
kenny-in-oz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

Cabin - We had a Superior ocean view on deck 7, very spacious, plenty of storage even for all you ladies who like to over pack! We were in cabin 7520, this is were it went a little pear shaped. First night woke to what I thought was thunder outside, it turned out to be someone flushing the toilet, this turned into a constant noise in the corner of our cabin. I'm not being a princess here as I counted 10 flushes in a minute at one point. It seemed like there is a main header drain local to this cabin. We complained and the really helpful Betty at guest services organized a move although as the ship was full we had to be downgraded to deck 6 restricted view.
We moved to room 6292, View was not so good but at least the noise of flushing toilets went away. Only to be replaced by a crew access door directly below us to be left to slam shut any time of the day, this made the cabin shake. After another complaint we moved rooms again. Both of these problems need a better solution than moving guests RC!
On to our last room of the cruise 7174 seems this room had been reserved but a guest failed to show and we were moved again. Much better this time.
  Ovation of the Seas Deck Plans