3. Carnival Miracle
I chose this cruise because I wanted an affordable, longer cruise. This was a 7 night cruise out of Tampa that visited Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize and Cozumel. I really could have cared less about the ports - I just wanted to cruise! The two days at sea were a bonus. Everyone snubs their nose at Carnival Cruises, like it is the cheap step-child of cruises. This was my third one and that couldn't be farther from the truth. The ship was extremely clean, the food delicious, the activities fun and the excursions and spa affordable. What more could you want? I traveled with my husband and best friend and we stayed together in a balcony cabin on Deck 6 (Empress) forward. Hardly ever felt the boat move. Room was more than spacious (very surprising) for the three of us, including enough closet space. My friend wanted to sleep in the pullman bed instead of the sofa, which actually allowed us seating space throughout the cruise. Her bed was a regular size twin with good mattress. We tried the Nick and Nora's Steakhouse (delicious and well worth the $35 upcharge); the Chef's Table is unmatched. 14 guests have the undivided attention of one of the ship's sous chefs for the night. Flowing champagne, appetizers, 7 course meal with each course described by the chef ... flowing red or white wine. By the time we got to dessert, we were stuffed. They even gave us the recipe for the Melting Chocolate Cake. This was $75/person and I would do it again in a heart beat. The food for breakfast and dinner (in the dining room) was great. Lunch in the Lido was ok. But they have a Deli counter and hamburgers and hotdogs everyday, so you can find something tasty. Too many bars/lounges to count! Casino was very smoky so we didn't gamble when we probably would have otherwise. Maybe they need to consider a non-smoking area? The decor wasn't my style, but it was fun! Certainly nothing to ruin my trip. I certainly enjoyed everyday of this cruise. You really have to have a sour attitude to not have fun.

Exceeded my High Expectations!

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by LMccartfl

The decor wasn't my style, but it was fun! Certainly nothing to ruin my trip.

LMccartfl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 6143
More than roomy enough for three adults. Plenty of room in the bathroom for all of our toiletries. This was my first cruise with a balcony and I don't go back! Nothing bad to say about the cabin. Clean and everything worked. I thought the mini-fridge was a bonus.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    Best snorkeling ever. You don't go near Belize City - they boat you to the middle of the ocean and drop you in! 2nd largest living coral reef in the world and it was spectacular. They divided the group into beginner, intermediate and advanced snorkelers. Each group had two guides - one pointing out fish, coral and other interesting things and one with a life ring for safety. All of the crew were wearing National Geographic shirts and all of the equipment was NG. Top-notch. After snorkeling, we got back on the boat for a 10 minute ride to Starfish Island, which I think is Carnival's private island. Beach, drinks, hammocks, relaxing. Typical cruise ship island. The snorkeling and crew were the best and I highly recommend this trip.
    View All 174 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    We did the Shore Shipwreck snorkeling. Walked from the port to the dive shop (5 minutes). They gave us the equipment and sent us out over an old shipwreck. Saw many fish and even tarpon. There was a staff member in the water with us that pointed up certain things. It was fun without having too much organization.
    View All 310 Snorkeling Reviews