MSC Fantasia Cruise Review

Poor Quality

MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by Bloomer60

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Caribbean

We choose this ship as it had a great itinary, however due to the hurricane they had to change it. ( not the ships fault)

Having been on approx 30 cruises, covering a wide range of cruise ships both large and small I have to say this is the worst ship I have been on and certainly wouldn’t go on an MSC cruise again.

Embarkation was poor, you were left to do everything on your own eg register your cards etc, this is the first time on a ship that we have had to do this and it felt very inpersonal.

As soon as we got to our cabin it was time to attend the lifeboat duty, this was poor and unorganised. We then hadn’t the time to go to the dining room so we had to eat in the buffet, I’m not a huge fan of buffets but this was awful, the area was large and most of it was well presented, however the food was poor quality and only just warm.

The Cabin was a nice size but I was quite surprised to see that the balcony rail was sticky and full of fingerprints and also splashes of paint. The shower we had to tie with a piece of string to stop it spinning around and when you looked really closley it was a bit rough and grubby around the edges.

The dining room in the evening was quite nice and the food again was well presented, however the food was poor! Service was slow and at times I didn’t really want to go down to eat. I was quite annoyed and upset that I had to witness waiters coming round with laminated A4 sheets pushing steak and lobster which was to be added to your account should you wish to order.NEVER have I witnessed anything so humiliating on a cruise ship!

The breakfast dining room was scruffy, when guests had finished their breakfast the crumbs were just swept from the table with their hands onto the floor. Again the food was poor and the orange juice was more like squash, if you wanted a good fresh orange you had to pay for it.

We came back actually lighter than when we went.

We met a few lovely staff who went out of their way, but on the whole they were miserable and could be quite rude.

The cruise was more like a glorified holiday camp and I would suggest anyone looking for a cruise not to use this company. Also any first time cruisers on this ship, please don’t be put off, this is not cruising!

Bloomer60's Full Rating Summary