Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by p2lockhart

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Sky Suite 1

I have cruised about 30 times & my cousins around 10. This time precruise we stayed at Four Seasons Miami. We appreciated having a separate bedroom, large living room with sofa bed, small kitchen with coffee maker, 1 1/2 bathrooms, the beautiful water view, the window seats, and the pool bar with its friendly staff.

We 3 girl cousins cruised the ABCs in an S-1 Sky Suite aboard the Celebrity Equinox for 8 marvelous days (4 at sea!) beginning April 7, 2018 and it did not disappoint. It was the first Celebrity cruise for the 2 loyal to royals but by Saturday we 3 had booked another Equinox cruise for March, 2019.

Our butler Dom and stateroom attendant Babylyn were eager to please and took extra good care of us. So did Soner, Valerui, Linda and the excellent chef for our meals and special dietary challenges. Every evening meal was the highlight of the day so we did not go to any shows, which I know were good because I had recently enjoyed them on my October Equinox cruise.

We also enjoyed terrific deep tissue messages from Nicky, Karen & the lady whose first name begins with P. My cousin had neck issues and I had back issues when we boarded and these excellent ladies had us much improved and able to enjoy the cruise without pain.

We were DIY by cab to Eagle Beach in Aruba and to Mambo Beach in Curaçao. We booked on our own the impressive Woodwind Snorkel cruise in Bonaire. Dee and staff are the best, always making sure every guest is having the best experience possible, as usual.

We did the $25 Valet Luggage deal & did not have to see luggage until our planes landed. We also enjoyed the Ultimate Miami tour, lunch & airport drop off at either airport.

A few ways to improve-

Was so disappointed they only offered Zumba twice & crammed 24 into a tiny hot, poorly vented room. But the instructor was great. I wonder if we could book her for private Zumba for us...

Loved the Persian Gardens & Spa. However, the ladies’ dressing area could use a decent hair dryer & towels without rips.

The friendly, helpful Customer Service from the amiable Luis & Alexandra was much appreciated.

Can’t wait to return to Equinox!

p2lockhart's Full Rating Summary

Sky Suite 1
Cabin S1 1666

enjoyed our S-1 Sky Suite with its Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors, circular side window & large balcony. But with 3 ladies we would have loved a larger bathroom plus few more and larger drawers in the bathroom & by the sleeping areas. We have committed to packing less next time,

p2lockhart