Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

Amazing service but cleanliness was lacking

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by mistamellow

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

We left the hotel around noon and was on the ship by 1 pm so boarding was handled very effectively. We had lunch and windjammers never disappoints but then went to the room and noticed the cleanliness of the room was horrible. This is the last thing I'd think I’d need to worry about on a cruise with RC. The chair in the room and the bathroom had body hair all over it. The couch and the bed sash had these gross white stains and the sheet had some sort of stain on it. I get they have to turn the ship around quickly but still. At least Elroy our room attendant escalated it quickly for us and cleaned up what he could. He arranged to have the couch shampooed and they eventually gave us a bottle of wine to make up for it. What a nice man he was so much so that we chatted with him daily about his family and even wished him a happy Birthday.

The one thing that made the ship lose points for me is that they had no access to self service ice or the free drinks. You could only get ice from Windjammers, the bars or having the attendant bring you some. Elroy kept us well stocked and Nigel Brown in windjammers also gave us ice first thing in the morning. It's probably nothing to most but a huge thing for me.

The good: The food, itinerary, Solarium pool (lots more kids than I expected so this was a huge benefit) Promenade and Centrum, Windjammer, Sapphire Dining (shout out to Moses), Shopping, Hamish the Trinidadian Singer, the Singers from there theatre shows, Spa.

The Ok: the gym (plates were rusting), Ice Rink (always too packed to get in a see a show. They should split up between early and late dining), sports court (always wet first thing in the morning when it was cool)

The bad: Hours for gym and Windjammers, lack of staff at guest services and excursion desk, no snack bar on deck 11, pool attendants moving towels of people who saved spots - I could understand moving it after an hour but my wife stepped away to go to the bathroom and they wanted to clear her stuff when I was there and her chair was right beside me. It caused a lot of fights and anxiety. This isn’t something I should have to worry about on vacation. You snooze you lose...don't expect to come late and find a spot. The towel police shouldn't be bailing lazy people out.

Overall: It wasn't a bad or great experience. Just average compared to other RC ships I've been on as well as other cruise lines. The hygiene of public areas like the spa and bathrooms were really poor. I made it a mission to find the out of the way bathrooms that didn't smell. The Service is what held it all together.

mistamellow's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin Q 3035

I always get an inside cabin because we only sleep and change in the room and other than the initial lack of cleanliness; the room was fine.

mistamellow