3. Ovation of the Seas
Just returned from Singapore where we cruised on Ovation of the Seas - fantastic ship. I was a little apprehensive of cruising on such a big ship but was so pleasantly surprised that there weren't the queues and overcrowding that I was lead to believe were the lot of these super cruises. Don't let all the naysayers on the internet bring this ship down, it's fantastically clean and the crew were great. There were some queues, but you get that on any ship. I was pleasantly surprised at how many places you could find on the ship were you could have a quiet read or drink whilst the other 4,500 guests aboard went about their holiday with gusto! There were a few little details that need ironing out, like the MyTime dining which was a bit of a disaster and turned out to be "their time, not my time", but there are so many other dining options that it didn't really matter. And it will be great when they work out the kinks of the WOW band system. What is the point of having a WOW band so you can tap and go if they don't have the infrastructure to use it or you still have to sign for everything. Good concept, but the execution was poor. Certainly 5 days was not enough time to see and do everything this ship has to offer, so I'll be back (with my WOW band) next year :)

Big is beautiful

Ovation of the Seas Cruise Review by Scraptrenz1

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Asia

Scraptrenz1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

Cabin was great - lovely décor, quite spacious, great ensuite bathroom and lovely balcony with comfortable deck chairs and foot stools. Bed was a little hard for me, but it was fine for 5 nights. I'm sure if I'd said anything they would have had a solution for me as the housekeeping staff were very good and eager to please.
  Ovation of the Seas Deck Plans

• Heritage Tour
    Spent too long at the Heritage Museum, although it was very interesting 40min is too long for a guided tour. The Hawkers Market where we went for lunch was very good, lots of variety to choose from. Take your local currency before you get on the tour bus people, as there was not only the hawkers market but the obligatory stops at a Coffee and Chocolate shops so you could buy local foods and souveniers to take home.
    View All 16 Heritage Tour Reviews
  • Phuket
    Thanks to Mo our tour guide who remained calm under pressure, we had an excellent although very long tour to Phang Nga Bay and "James Bond" island. We had the added bonus of the Thai Water Festival being on the day we visited, which was amazing with all the locals and tourists alike running around Patong Beach with super soakers drenching everyone with happiness for the new year.
    View All 124 Phuket Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Phuket Cruise Port Review
  • Singapore
    Gardens on the Bay nightly sound and light show at the Super Grove was fantastic. Lasting approximately 15 minutes it was a feast of colour. We stayed at Marina Bay Sands so a quick swim in the infinity pool and breakfast at Spago on the Sky Deck was fantastic. Shop, shop, shop - bring that empty credit card with you .... so much to see and do in Singapore. Great place for a short stay or stop over.
    View All 593 Singapore Cruise Port Reviews