Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review
1,835 Reviews

Nice boat, good cruise, but complications

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by athache1

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom

This was my first ever cruise. I sailed with my family who were frequent Royal Caribbean cruisers. I enjoyed the ship. It is a smaller boat but it was cozy. The staff was beyond excellent, and I enjoyed the many things that the boat had to offer.

The ports of call were great. I absolutely LOVE the Bahamas. I did an excursion to go off of Nassau to an island that was simply breathtaking. If I were to go to the Bahamas again, I would do that excursion in a heartbeat.

However, on this cruise, there were multiple cons that will make me consider choosing another Royal Caribbean ship.

For the whole trip (9 days) the AC in the cabin was out. This wasn't just for my cabin, but the whole deck (deck 3). When you are cruising to places that are high in the temperatures (When we docked in the Bahamas, it was 107F) So it made sleeping a bit more difficult when it is extremely hot out. (I considered sleeping on the deck outside because at least I could get some air.)

Another con was the Voom Internet. I purchased a beverage package with Voom internet included. The internet was unreliable on the ship. It would connect and loose connection constantly throughout the day. I used it to be in communication with family, but it was hard to be in contact when the internet was unreliable.

The last con for the cruise was our last port in CoCo Cay. If you are planning on taking someone (or you yourself) in a wheelchair. I do not recommend going to CoCo Cay. It is NOT FRIENDLY for wheelchairs. What made it easier was that there was a very very kind gentleman that was driving the tram around, he made it his personal mission to take us ANYWHERE we wanted on CoCo Cay. I thank the stars for him. He was truly kind.

Overall, I enjoy sailing with Royal Caribbean. I will sail with them again, but will I be back on the Grandeur? No.

athache1's Full Rating Summary

Large Ocean View Stateroom

King's Wharf

The only and best place to go is The Bermuda Rum Cake Factory and The Bermuda Glass Factory

Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience

The beach was simply breathtaking. Would do this excursion again in a heartbeat

View All 108 Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience Reviews
Perfect Day at CocoCay

Not wheelchair friendly AT ALL!!!!! Would not come back or get off the boat.

athache1