• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Grandeur of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
46 Awards

Nice boat, good cruise, but complications

Review for Grandeur of the Seas to the Bahamas
athache1
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin: Large Ocean View Stateroom
Traveled with children

This was my first ever cruise. I sailed with my family who were frequent Royal Caribbean cruisers. I enjoyed the ship. It is a smaller boat but it was cozy. The staff was beyond excellent, and I enjoyed the many things that the boat had to offer.

The ports of call were great. I absolutely LOVE the Bahamas. I did an excursion to go off of Nassau to an island that was simply breathtaking. If I were to go to the Bahamas again, I would do that excursion in a heartbeat.

However, on this cruise, there were multiple cons that will make me consider choosing another Royal Caribbean ship.

Large Ocean View Stateroom

For the whole trip (9 days) the AC in the cabin was out. This wasn't just for my cabin, but the whole deck (deck 3). When you are cruising to places that are high in the temperatures (When we docked in the Bahamas, it was 107F) So it made sleeping a bit more difficult when it is extremely hot out. (I considered sleeping on the deck outside because at least I could get some air.)

Port Reviews

King's Wharf

The only and best place to go is The Bermuda Rum Cake Factory and The Bermuda Glass Factory

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Not wheelchair friendly AT ALL!!!!! Would not come back or get off the boat.

Find a Grandeur of the Seas Cruise from $278