3. Disney Magic
I am a single mom with a 7 year old, and I have gushed to anyone that would listen that this was the happiest, most relaxed, and most stress free vacation that I have ever taken!!! Disney sat us at a dining table with other single parents and kids my daughter's age. We had three moms, 1 dad, and four 7-9 year olds.The shows, the room, the boat, the character meet and greets, the kids club and Castaway Cay were AWESOME! My daughter loved the splash pad area on the ship (she's not into slides yet), and I loved relaxing with my book. Restaurants/Food: We had so much fun in Animators Palate guessing which cartoon would be drawn next. We liked the new Tangled restaurant as well; however, we were seated in the back so it was hard to see the characters on stage. They did roam around though and were hilarious when they stopped at our table. So that was fun! The food was good. there was a good selection at the buffet thought sometimes I had to eat it lukewarm by the time I got to my table (but that is just buffet eating). Some was fine, other items were so yummy. My daughter is a picky eater, so when I say that all she ate was fruit loops, mickey waffles, watermelon, macaroni and cheese, and dessert (mainly ice cream bars), I'm not kidding. That's what she ate for 4 days! haha But we were on vacation, so whatever. My two favorite dinners were when I ordered steak. Yum! Character Meet and Greets: We liked that they were all times during the day and the lines really weren't that bad. We had tickets (you didn't pay for them, but needed them) for the princess meet and greet. However, there was a time we caught Cinderella roaming in the main lobby. And we had fun getting our picture with Mickey and Minnie in their many outfits. (I think they packed as much as I did.) The last night lots of characters and people from the different shows came down and stood at different places on each level and you could go get your picture with whoever. THE BEST was Captain Jack Sparrow. Of course, I realized at Disney World long ago that the people characters are the best and so much fun. He was awesome!!! And the best part was the next day when we had been out and gotten back to our room there was a letter from Captain Jack for my daughter and it even mentioned two or three things that they discussed. So neat! Castaway Cay: It was my favorite. I could have done two days there. So relaxing! I'm wishing I was in one of those hammocks right now. the only downer was many excursions were cancelled that day due to the wind, but we still enjoyed ourselves! Kids Clubs: My daughter loved going. We were usually so busy during the day that she only went after dinner. On our sea day, she went some in the afternoon. I always felt comfortable leaving her. She seemed to enjoy herself, though all I ever saw her doing was the IPAD games! LOL My daughter has never hugged and kissed me so randomly all throughout a day before. All day long, she would just lean over and kiss me. She was so happy!!!! she said, "It was the best spring break of my life!" haha Everyone asks what I think about the price in regards to the experience.....well, as a single mom, it was tough. It was saving and asking for Disney gift cards for birthdays and Christmas. But the only thing I have thought about the price since getting back is that we are going on a 5 or 7 day next time! I even went ahead and held a spot for another one while on board. For $250 (which will go toward your next cruise), you have 2 years to book, and you get 10% off and a $200 stateroom credit. So, my daughter and I have already started saving for spring break 2020!

Most Wonderful Vacation EVER!!!

Disney Magic Cruise Review by shelbyleigh73

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

shelbyleigh73’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9

Cabin 2044
Our room was wonderful. I have been on cruises before but never with a window. I didn't know I needed a window, but now I'm spoiled. We had actually signed up for an inside stateroom (that was NOT guaranteed,meaning they would place our room at a later date.) They put us in a room a month or two before the cruise, and then about 2 weeks before the trip, we got upgraded! We had a large porthole window and wow!!!! Our room was clean and comfy and a perfect size for the two of us.
  Disney Magic Deck Plans