3. Koningsdam
The cruise was longer than expected without a cruise port for a week. I got an education for sure, and I plan to stick to 10 or 12 days. Food was just OK, nothing special to write about. However, all I can brag about was the service and attention I received from my cabana attendants at The Retreat cabana rental on a Deck 12. No kids running around. Great my era music, 60s and 70s, played softly every day. I might try this again if my husband retires next year. Saw several wheel chairs and scooters, which was unexpected. This cruise is definitely not for 20 or 30 year old people. The shows and comedians were great. Besides that I think beverages are overpriced. Water $5.75 is just plain highway robbery. Paying extra for steak and or lobster was overpriced. On a Oceania I ate lobster, as much as I wanted, whenever I wanted. Okay— NO comparison. However, my spouse and I enjoy quality over quantity!!!!

Ship away

Msfreqflyr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Koningsdam price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VD 6021
Liked the shower size best. Bed was hard.
Schubert Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins