• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2010
Cabin:
Traveled with children

We gathered 25 of 29 extended family members from across the U.S. for four nights on Carnival Elation. We ranged from 81 to 4 years old. The oldest (my dad) was also confined to a wheelchair. On balance, I think we were pleasantly surprised with this cruise.

PROS:

* very pleasant staff (I really enjoyed my conversations with our waiter, for example, away from the dining room) * delicious food (I couldn't get enough of the Mongolian stir fry) clean, comfortable, and spacious ship (we put our family of four in a single room and it worked great) * lots to do on board (my daughters loved the line dancing, mini-golf, and Thriller dance training) * fantastic child care (a godsend for my cousin with his two small children) * a welcome running track (my wife and I ran most mornings at about 6:30 and the track was never too crowded) * some funny shows (the opening night's clean comedy act was a gut-buster)and * plenty of space to spend time with our extended family or to get off somewhere and read.

Cabin Int

Comfortable, spacious, quiet, flexible positioning of the two lower beds, and comfortable fold-down bunks. We were very happy here.

previous reviewnext review