3. Viking Eir
This was our first experience of any type of cruise, and I think we may have set the bar so high for the future. Even from the booking stage, the service was immaculate. There are no words that I feel will do justice to the 'Viking Team' on board the Viking Eir. My wife and I, together with our friends had the most amazing week. The tour guides were extremely knowledgeable at every port of call, and although we had visited Cologne before, we learned so much about the city. Having the Silver Spirits drinks package added to our week. We are not big alcohol drinkers but to have local wine choices, pre-dinner options and soft drinks permanently available without worry of a large bill at the end of the trip, further added to our week. We had the basic stateroom, which was more than impressive. In the whole week, we saw 2 balcony rooms used, as most movement was at night time, and the Rhine gorge really needed you to be on deck for the panoramic view. For us, there was really no need to spend more money on a room higher up. I would like to just mention a thank you to Ivan who spent his week making sure our room was perfect. The moment we stepped out, it seemed he went in and tidied up with fresh laundry. All I can really do is sent an enormous piece of gratitude to the staff of Viking and anyone that we encountered who made our river cruise one of the best weeks. Already booked for the Danube next April.

What a week!

JamesGail’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Eir price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F 110
Immaculate and more than what was required for the week, without spending to upgrade
Main Deck Outside Cabins