Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Jasminetexas

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window

A friend ask if I wanted to share a cabin on a Norwegian cruise ship through the Panama Canal. It was a little pricey but I all ways wanted to go on a Norwegian cruise ship and to the Panama Canal . I thought it was ranked as one of the better cruise lines, Had I was known it would be under construction I would of waited for another opportunity . One thing I like to do on sea days is getting up early and drinking coffee outside and watching the sun come up across the ocean which was impossible to do. Debris was flying off the decks and out of what they told me was from the chimney. After getting fiber glass and what looked like black oil looking chips in my coffee . I stopped sitting on the back deck when I realized what I had been drinking that stuff . I decided to walk around the ship on the walking deck only to find out half the deck was closed for beautification. Making a very congested walking and jogging track. I was looking forward to fresh clean air at sea but it was always dust in the air and smell of turpentine or something. Sometimes days the elevators made your eyes water.

Our cabin was nice other than outside in the hall they were removing the ceiling tiles to run wires or something thru them. Leaving stuff in the halls until their project was done. I received very good service and some poor service in the dining room. My next cruise I will know now to ask if it will be under construction. This really surprised me because the website said it had been refurbished in 2016.

Jasminetexas's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 9210

I enjoyed the picture window because sitting outside was not always an option with all areas under construction . Our room was a nice size with a lot of storage for my things. Bathroom was nice and shower always had hot water and our cabin person keep it all clean and fresh. He was one of the best employees I meet on the ship. Always ready to tend to our needs. Our phone did not work the first week and then someone finally came to fix it and said it was plugged in wrong so it worked for a couple days then went out again. But over all happy with the room.

City Tour

2 day hop on and hop off and then took million dollar boat tour.

View All 168 City Tour Reviews