3. Carnival Vista
Went with my mom and two boys - ages 10 and 13. Did Harmony last year and wanted to go on Vista to compare them. Vista did not disappoint, despite so many negative reviews. We had a GREAT time. I don't understand how some can be so easily annoyed and let their vacations be ruined. Not us! Sure not everything is perfect, but it was all good enough for us to have a great time. Embarkation was a little annoying. You have to wait outside for a long time before getting it. That's because security and check in is right when you enter. Would be nice if they could at least move check in upstairs to that the line can move quicker. Loved all the activities they have - sky ride, ropes course, pool tables, water slides, etc. My boys were never bored. Loved the movies at night at the Lido Deck. All fairly new movies. Didn't have a chance to try the IMAX or thrill theater. Ship never felt crowded despite it being Spring Break and I'm sure it was at capacity. Long lines sometimes for food (not in the MDR) but it went pretty fast. Loved Guy's burgers! Buffet was so-so, not so many options. But with the other free venues, we didn't have to go there. MDR was good, some items were awesome, some not so much. But that's the same for all cruise lines. Blue Iguana was good too, especially for breakfast. Didn't have pizza, but my mom loved it. Italian & Asian restaurants for lunch were really good. Didn't get to try Seafood Shack even though I really wanted to. There are so many food options that I never made it there. Did MDR each night for dinner with my time dining. Never had a problem getting a table, never had to wait. Kind of silly going to deck 5 to get your table reservations and then going down to the restaurant, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. Service was always fairly quickly. Only one night was a little bit slow. Comedy club was awesome. Did all the PG shows with the kids and enjoyed them. Didn't do any shows. Tried one and it wasn't that great. We didn't last 10 minutes. Cruise director, Matt, was hysterical. Best cruise director EVER. Loved all four ports that we visited - Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts & St. Maarten. Grand Turk - Hung out at the beach right off the boat. Just walked a down the beach a bit to get away from the crowds. Puerto Rico - Took a taxi to El Morro and then walked our way back, hitting different spots on the way back. St. Kitts - Did Moko Jumbie snorkel & beach tour. Awesome! The spot that they took us snorkeling was amazing, even saw an octopus. St. Maarten - Major hurricane destruction is all over the island. Very sad. Went to Maho Beach and had a great time. Debarkation was smooth. We took our luggage with us and were able to walk right off. Would definitely cruise on the Vista again.

Awesome Cruise

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by bellewelle22

Would definitely cruise on the Vista again.
bellewelle22’s Full Rating Summary