3. Adventure of the Seas
My wife and I went on The Adventure of the Seas to get some warm weather and relaxation during my wife's spring break. We accomplished the relaxation and the Caribbean provide the warmth for a successful trip. It had been several years since our last RCCL cruise. We were disappointed as the amenities and feel the services have deteriorated since our last RCCL cruise. We were on the 6th deck at the back of the ship. The balcony was as if we were in a carport. The sun never did shine and we could only see the sea in the horizon. Our room steward was efficient. We had to ask for robes and they were soon provided. He made towel puppets that my wife thought were very cute. We ate at My time dining and it was confusing at the beginning. However by day three we adjusted and made the best of the communication problem with the table assigner. Our service was superior and the food as you would expect on a cruise. Went upstairs several times to the buffet for dinner and lunch. It was ok. The one negative that stands out was ketchup packets. I kept thinking I paid a total of over $5,000.00 for this week and I'm opening packets with my teeth. We went to a few shows and listened to various performers throughout the ship all were average. Went shopping with my wife at each port. I'm not a fan of shopping. I mainly people watched Enjoyed The Best Mojito in the World bar in Curacao. Snorkeled in Aruba, disappointing, cloudy day. St. Maarten is recovering. Still many open roofs on the main street. I was going to rent a car to explore but suggestions by the cruise staff not to venture out into the island because of road problems made me uneasy. We had a late disembarkation in San Juan. Highly suggest you get a porter made our life much easier. We have cruised most recently with Norwegian, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. I feel Princess is a much better value and our remaining cruises will be with Princess.

Good escape