• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

My friend and I chose Holland America hoping to to avoid Spring Breakers, a lot of children and a drinking party atmosphere. We were looking for a relaxing vacation with entertainment that would appeal to us. This was a perfect choice. The guests' ages appeared to be 30's - 70's and included a few families w/ well behaved children. It was a very nice diverse group of people and the service was extraordinary. The staff is friendly, always helpful and always professional. I have sailed on two other cruise lines and there is no comparison. Holland America is a class act. The entertainment was great with different types of music offered every day; the shows were wonderful too. Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly as well. We paid a little more to have a veranda (balcony) and loved every minute we spent there - sipping our wine from the mini bar. My favorite excursion was to HA's private island in the Bahamas.The white sand beach is absolutely beautiful. I rode a horse on land and in the ocean w/ no problem and I'm 63. (Hadn't ridden one in many yrs). If you want a wonderful vacation, choose Holland America!

Only one hint/complaint..... bring a sweater to wear in the room where the shows take place. It is very chilly in there!

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VF

The bed was extremely comfortable, not too firm or too soft. I asked for an extra comforter and was given one - which was appreciated. (My travel companion needs the room rather cold to sleep). We even had a bathtub! The size of the TV was larger than I expected.

Port Reviews

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

We went to Ocean World,sort of a small Sea World. Enjoyed it very much, especially the shows w/ dolphins and seals.

San Juan

Liked all the shopping in San Juan and took a tour in a mini van on a whim - we were able to see some landmarks, forts, and a beach.

4 Helpful Votes