Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Shonica

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 1A

Having cruised with a couple other companies, I feel like this cruise was not worth the cost. If all I had done was stay on the ship (not taken any excursions or made any purchases), it may have felt more worth it but then I would have been bored out of my mind. The food was slightly above average at best. The staff in the Ocean's Edge Cafe, where we spent most meals, was very much below average. They would walk right by and not stop to take our drink orders. They would also walk right by instead of clear the tables. The entertainment however was great! Every evening show (comedians, musicals, plays) was stupendous. The shore excursions I chose were decent as well minus a couple horrible tour guides. The children's program was fabulous. Overall, we appreciated our time with Celebrity Cruises but have decided to cruise with Royal Caribbean for future cruises.

Shonica's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 1A
Cabin 1A 7364

The cabin could have bigger for what I paid for it, and more storage for a 7 day cruise would have been ideal.

Key West Aquarium

Very small and somewhat boring. Self-directed tour. Not much to look at.

View All 18 Key West Aquarium Reviews
Parasailing

While the walk to the boat marina was unexpected and rushed by tour operator (in fact almost left us behind as my son was not excited about the distance), the actual parasailing experience itself was great! Smooth sailing, great tour guides, and an overall positive experience even though my son started out scared to death. The professionalism of the guides helped me to convince my son to give it a try, and we walked away with huge smiles.

View All 34 Parasailing Reviews
Trolley Tour

We spent most of our trolley time aboard Tiny's trolley. She was awesome! Very perky and very informative. It was obvious she loves her job! We learned a lot about Key West and had a great time doing it.

View All 176 Trolley Tour Reviews
Jeep Tour

A fun drive in an old Jeep to a small little beach and authentic Mexican lunch. The Jeep itself was run ragged; the tachometer didn't work nor the A/C (as expected). The drive out was amazingly rough. The tour guides, Roger and Aato, were knowledgeable and friendly.

View All 27 Jeep Tour Reviews

The water park was smaller than expected but still a nice place. The lazy river was great. There was a nice pool to have the kids play in it to just lay out by to catch some rays. It was surrounded by a ton of lounge chairs and comfy couches/beds. Also the children's slides and area was great for all ages. As I am pregnant, I did not attempt any of the adult slides but my husband did one. Said it was fun. The customer service was good. The lockers and changing/restroom area was clean and of adequate size.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Jeep Tour

We enjoyed the tour itself. This Jeep's speedometer did not work. The drive was beautiful. The snorkel location was average. Our final stop at the beach was a beautiful place as well. However, our tour guide, Memo, made the majority of it feel very rushed. My husband asked to go to the restroom on the way out of the port, and he would not even hear of it. Then when snorkeling, he left me and my family behind on the rocks as we tried to convince my son to swim out with us. He and the rest of the group swam out to snorkel and neither of the guides came back to check on us or see if we needed help. By the time we were able to catch up, I actually ended up snorkeling, unknowingly, with another completely different tour group and getting back to shore just in time to leave with the correct group. The rest of the day went well but the hurry it began with was unnecessary and rude.

View All 166 Jeep Tour Reviews
Hell

Visiting Hell was a fun little stop on our Land and Sea Tour. The shops and post office were cute, and the rock formation was amazing to see. A definite necessity on any stop on Grand Cayman.

Rum Cake Factory

Very short stop. Great rum cake. Over priced snacks. Take it or leave it.

View All 70 Rum Cake Factory Reviews
Stingray Swim

The boat crew was great. It was a fun little ride out to the sandbar. Great music onboard. Beautiful waters and sky. The sandbar was lovely as well. You could stop at just touching the sting rays but could go all-in and feed or even hold the sting rays. The crew did a good job explaining what to do and what not to do. A good time was had by all.

View All 795 Stingray Swim Reviews
Turtle Farm

Educational and informative. It was awesome to see the huge sea turtles and also be able to hold and be in the tank with the younger ones. Fun for all ages.

View All 329 Turtle Farm Reviews
Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Nothing to review. Just drove into the port, dropped off our luggage at the ship then parked. Easy.

Shonica