• Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions
Queen Victoria Cruise Review

Elegant and beautiful with wonderful service

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by w4e

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was my 32nd sailing, my 6th with Cunard. I love Viking but Cunard may have the edge in terms of elegance and tradition. A beautiful ship, not too big, expertly run -- what more could one want? Well, ok, a couple things: I wish there were more variety on the lunch buffet and I wish there was popcorn to go with the movies, but these are quibbles. The breakfast buffet had everything I could want and dinner in the dining room was excellent. Our waiters were professional yet friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, steering us toward things we might like (based on what we had already liked) and steering us away from a couple other things. The quality of the food was right up there with Viking. The theatre, the dance floor in the Queen's Room, the beauty of the public spaces in general and the lack of ship-wide announcements (except from the captain at noon) were all part of a wonderful voyage. And of course that great Cunard tradition, afternoon tea, was much appreciated. Finally, I attended six different classical music concerts -- who else at sea offers such sophistication? I don't go to shows much but I made an exception for a concert featuring ex-members of the Moody Blues and 10CC. It was great!

w4e's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BF 4036

Perfectly fine. After so many sailings it was exactly as expected: small but large enough; very clean; a place for everything; comfortable beds and seating; REALLY small bathroom, esp the shower, but all manageable. Excellent steward.

w4e