3. Norwegian Escape
This trip was a high school senior break trip for my daughter and her friend. The two girls, myself and the friend's mother stayed together in a Large Balcony room (Room 9726). I was initially a little worried about the space with 4 women in one room, but since I had purchased some magnetic hooks to hang additional items on the wall and a shoe storage holder for miscellaneous bathroom products, we seemed to make it work with no issues. This was a Western Caribbean cruise and my opinion is that a balcony room or higher was the only way to go. Our Large Balcony room had a table, 2 chairs and a lounge chair- with no obstructions to the view. We used it often! The cruise director was great on this ship- he had a bunch of very fun events planned that the girls (and parents) had a great time at. Food was good in the main dining rooms. We chose the specialty dining package as one of our free perks- Cagney's Steak House was our favorite! I would not have paid money for the upgraded dining experience but was happy getting it for free. We also chose the Ultimate Beverage Package as our second free perk- ended up being a very valuable choice to have that since drinks averaged $10+ per drink. I think this perk is overpriced if you purchase it, however was totally worth it getting it for free. The bartenders were great at all of the bars. Tons of activities on board this ship- nobody was ever bored! We did excursions in Jamaica (Kayaking and Dunn's River Falls - great! Bring water shoes), Grand Cayman (Catamaran and Stingray City- fantastic!), Costa Maya (snorkeling was cancelled but still had a great time in port), Bahamas (picked up another snorkeling excursion since the other one in Costa Maya was cancelled. Was great!). Embarkment and Disembarkment all went smoothly at all times. Will cruise on this ship again for sure! :)

Had a great time!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Daddyshaw

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Balcony Stateroom

Embarkment and Disembarkment all went smoothly at all times.

Will cruise on this ship again for sure! :)
Daddyshaw’s Full Rating Summary