• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin:

I chose this cruise based on my previous experience with Windstar (The Windstar). I was hoping to have the same or similar experience but quite honestly was disappointed. Perhaps I am spoiled being from the Northeast of the US where great food is common place and easily obtained. The food on the Starbreeze never stood out in a positive way in my mind. This particular cruise was more a "Sailing" cruise which is not the typical Windstar style of stopping at a different harbor on a daily basis. This leaves the on board experience the number one thing that the cruise line should get right! Food is one of those things. The only small port we stopped at was totally botched, everyone waited over 2 hrs to get off the boat, and when we did the tenders were sub standard and broken. I still do not understand why Windstar did not simply lower more tenders to handle the back log, the Windsurf was in the same port and was using the tender/lifeboats. This left an unforgivable BIG cruise taste in my mouth and simply ruined the last day. Sorry Windstar, I hope that you address these shortcomings and take to heart what I say.

1 Helpful Vote