Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by SENATE54245

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Central Park View Stateroom with Balcony

We have been on over 15 cruises but never on the big ship. My wife and I had a cabin overlooking Central Park on Deck 10. Our son was a few doors down. We had some friends that this was there first cruise who had an outside balcony in the hump on Deck 12. Both my wife and myself would rather have an outside balcony looking at the water rather than Central Park

We flew down to Orlando the day before. It was a good thing. Our flights were delayed slightly and our son who came from Montana had his flights delayed and rebooked resulting in in arriving at the hotel about 10 hours later than planned. We booked the hotel and round trip transfers with a private company. They were on time and the hotel was very nice.

Being Diamond members we were able to bypass the long line and were thru security and on the ship in less than 15 minutes.

We had second seating on the 4th floor dining room. Our server and assistant were some of the best we have ever had. It was nice that everyday except for the last day, they had people waiting to seat you in the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch. We eat all our evening meals in the dining room. Did have lunch at Sabor. They were all good. Only had one chilled soup. I missed not having the chilled soups.

We had made reservations to the shows several months before sailing. They were all good except for Cats. It was not my type of Broadway show and I left after only seeing about the first 30 minutes. My wife stayed for the full production. I would like them to replace Cats with a different Broadway show. The ice show, water show, and Fly with me were good. It was very nice on the last sea day, that at the Boardwalk they had a giant cake, cupcakes, cotton candy, caramel apples all free.

You did not notice the number of people until you were at a show and did not have tickets. Some of the venues were small, like the comedy club.

This was the first time for us at Labadee. We got some chairs under the trees close to the bar with a hammock and just laid around doing not much of anything. The beach was ok. Rocky in some spots. I wished RCCL would stop sailing to Jamaica. We had a person offers us a refer when he was taking pictures of us while we were eating. The town is dirty. Did find Elvis and he showed us some places that I would not have went to without a guide. In Cozumel, we went to Mr. S. If you are going you need to make reservations. We had and were asked by at least 2 different people if we had reservations. We just sat at the beach eating and drinking. Will go back there again on our next cruise.

I have been asked what we thought of the big ship and if we would go again. Yes I am glad we sailed on it, but I think I like the Freedom class ships better. You don't have to plan everything as much like you do with the Oasis. The Oasis did not have a water slide.

We did the self assist to get off the boat. Our numbers were too late for us to catch our shuttle back to the airport. It went very well. Did not have to wait to get off the ship, but did take longer than what the cruise director said it would. Maybe 30 minutes and we were at our shuttle.

SENATE54245's Full Rating Summary