Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review
1,679 Reviews

Couldn’t have asked for a better experience

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by jagsfan

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Picked Serenade Narch 30 for the itinerary. Had never been to St Croix and St Kitts.

Serenade is the 3rd Radiance class ship we have sailed on.

It’s pretty perfect to us. Distance between stateroom and dining room, Windjammer, Centrum, really anywhere is short. For someone with mobility problems it’s wonderful.

Our service all the way round was excellent. In the dining room I asked what happened to Savoury Bites and they appeared, waiting for my arrival every night. Our waiter, Paolo, and assistant waiter constantly offered extras and made sure we had everything we needed.

The tutti salad bar and especially the stir fry and pasta bars at lunch the last sea day get 6 stars in my book.

We booked two ship’s shore excursions and thoroughly enjoyed both. In Martinique we did the Panoramic tour which included the town of Ste Pierre which was devasted by a volcanic eruption, and in St Kitts the Caribbean Scenic Railway, which was lovely. I was given great and friendly service everywhere I turned.

We had our car in Pt. Everglades so could take our time disembarking. Even with a lovely breakfast in the dining room, we were in our car at 9:05am!!!

I have only two adverse comments:

Our dinners were excellent, especially the roasted strip loin, but were not plated with the care we’re used to. One night my prime rib was especially lumpy. There was a large stalk of broccoli under it. Often the veggies were half hidden under the meat thrown on top.

The other comment is about trivia, which may seem trivial.

The man and woman who alternated working trivia had very heavy accents to the point that no one knew what they were saying. This was every day, and frustrating for those who enjoy trivia.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am only 50% loyal to Royal as we alternate with Princess. Our last 2 cruises, on Coral Princess and on Serenade of the Seas, were among the best of the 52 or 53 cruises we’ve enjoyed over the last 35 years.

jagsfan's Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D1 9564

Typical balcony stateroom.

We liked the curtain that could be pulled to separate the sleeping area from the rest. It meant more comfortable sleeping without disturbance by tv, bathroom light at 3am, etc.

The mattress was too hard for my arthritic joints, so our steward Cazy doubled a duvet under the bottom sheet and it was very comfortable.

There was a lot of storage, behind mirrors, in cabinets and drawers. We were in a quiet area, easy walking to the Centrum but too far to hear the music.

jagsfan