3. Norwegian Star
To start, let me just say this was my first cruise. So it’s difficult for me to give an accurate review when I really don’t have anything else to compare it to. That being said I can give facts of what happened and reading this you can compare it to cruises you’ve been on. EMBARKING: We embarked from L.A. Luckily it was inside because after waiting 3 HOURS!.. we finally boarded the ship. There were only 2-3 people checking guests in and people were getting very upset. Nothing was done to get the lines moving. We were so late that we missed the safety demonstration and got dirty looks from people like we were late when in fact we were early to get in line. Once on the ship we ended up leaving late and did not receive our luggage until late that night. The ship Captain changed the itinerary several times switching the ports and the time allowed at the ports which got very frustrating, specially when inconsiderate people were late boarding at the ports which caused unnecessary delays. PORTS: The only port where we needed to board tenders was in Cabo San Lucas. That was a DISASTER! Soo unorganized. Stairwells were packed tight with people pushing and shoving. Most people we spoke with missed their excursions. The other ports went a lot more smooth and it was easy and quick getting off. We loved Puerto Vallarta and Mazaltan! It was sad we did not have more time however. EXCURSIONS: we booked through the ship which I suggest. It was nice to have everything planned, scheduled and guaranteed time getting back. In Puerto Vallarta we did a snorkeling , kayak and sail tour. It was way entertaining and so fun! In Mazaltan we did zip lining which was not as advertised. You think you’re guna be going into a jungle and repelling down a waterfall but in reality you zip line in the desert and then 15’ down a tree. That being said lunch was amazinggg and the tour guides we SO fun and helpful. They def made it worth it . ENTERTAINMENT: We only went to White Magic, Vegas, Paradis and the Comedian. Overall the entertainment was great! Comedian was HILARIOUS and the shows were great. Not too short not too long. The magician sucked , but the contortionist was amazing. Overall def lives the shows each night . POOL: Norwegian needs to do something about this. Pool was sooo small and filled with annoying kids. There’s only two adult hot tubs right next to each other right now to to the pool which was CONSTANTLY filled to capacity with the SAME drunk people that NEVER got out. So we never got to even sit in the hot tub. The pool chairs were covered in towels and “reserved” which is frowned upon every day which also sucked . Weather was colder than I expected which is out of anyone’s control. It was REALLY windy so the decks were closed a lot due to high winds. BARS: I can not stress enough... GET THE ULTIMATE BEVERAGE PACKAGE!!!! If you are going to drink anything .. at all... get it!! Sooo worth it ! That was really nice to go get drinks ... allll the time as much as you want. We tried all different kinds which was fun. We got to know the bartenders and tipping a $1 or $2 went a long way . RESTAURANTS: At first I was excited about trying different restaurants.... until I realized it was alllll the sammmme food. We got in INSTANTLY whenever we wanted to eat.. but then ended up waiting on average 40-60 min for food. It was cool ordering whatever and however much of anything you wanted. They brought out the appetizers with the food which is pet peeve of mine but we were always full. Desserts were actually amazing.. so good ! Main buffet isn’t open 24/7 which I was told by people that have cruised before is the best part so that kinda sucked. CABIN: We were towards the back of the boat on the 8th floor. I was worried that there would be a lot of noise being right above the Spiniker Lounge but I didn’t hear a thing. I noticed movement maybe one or two nights but overall it wasn’t bad . The room itself was actually awesome . Not big but not as small as I thought. It was cool having an ocean view window. It was always kept clean and we didn’t have any complaints at all . SERVICES: Gym was actually packed. Which surprised me. So I only went one morning. I work out 5-6days a week so it was nice taking a break. The Massage Spa was amazing. I’ve never had a massage so we did a couples massage and it felt great! Maybe only do one though. It’s way expensive and a little over priced. We got tricked into going again and ended up spending hundreds of dollars which we regret but it was still really nice. OVERALL: This was a fun experience and a decent first cruise. Like I said before it’s hard to compare when I haven’t been on any others. I don’t know if I’d cruise Norwegian again but it was fun. Definitely too many old people. I felt like I was in a retirement center the whole time. The news letters were FULL of activities all day long ...... buuuut those activities were dumb, boring and most costed money. Seriously? So we basically just walked around, ate, and played our card games.

First cruise, ok but a little disappointing

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by qrampage

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window

qrampage’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 8662
Cabin was amazing! Clean and picked up all the time. We pushed our beds together and they were made everyday on time with towel animals. Bathroom was surprisingly spacious and I loved the shower. Bed was comfy and the window was nice to have to look at the sunsets and sunrises.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins