We went on the Tulip Time Cruise, seeing the tulips was a bucket list item for me. This was the first sailing of the Amalea. The staff was amazing. Everyone was an experienced professional. Especially Anja, who cleaned our room, and waiters Coco and Milos(2). The ship is beautiful and very modern. They only glitches were with the ipad on the wall that controls the climate and the lights. It would only go dark for a minute and then back on. At night this was a problem. They attempted to do a fix mid-trip but it did not take. I found if I went into the setup of the ipad and brought the brightness down to as low as it would go it was ok. The room was great. There was a full size Mac that could access the internet, movies and tv. This was very helpful. The bathroom had nice touches, magnifying makeup mirror, blue lights at night and warm tiles on the floor. Two different shower heads, lots of warm water. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well when the ipad was dimmed. Rachel the Cruise Director was very attentive and made a wonderful trip even better. She is a gem and I believe she has a degree in Diplomacy, if she doesn't she should. The shore excursions enhanced the experience. There were options for Gentle, and Regular walking tours. The best part of the shore excursions were the guides, they were all local for their area and provided personal insight. The food options were just enough, the quality of the food was excellent. I arrived home feeling I had one of the best vacations of my life. Oh, the tulips at Keurkenhof gardens were not at their peak but still breathtaking.

Best Vacation

AmaLea Cruise Review by Traveling AnnO

The ship is beautiful and very modern.

The food options were just enough, the quality of the food was excellent.

I arrived home feeling I had one of the best vacations of my life.

Traveling AnnO’s Full Rating Summary