3. Celebrity Summit
I chose the cruise for the itinerary; just good fortune that it was on the Summit. Four nights, 2 stops: Bahamas and Key West. I really wanted to go to Key West; Bahamas I've been to before. Key West is, in a word, Bohemian. Colorful, shop after shop, restaurants galore of various quality with historic places of interest and museums here and there. Interesting characters hanging about (one definitely had the pirate thing going one). The highlight for me was the Hemingway House. I learned quite a bit about Hemingway from a really excellent docent. Small souvenir shop but had nice choice of items. If you fancy felines, Hemingway's cats are there for photo ops and a quick pet (54 of them!) Be warned that Key West is a tourist trap: a mix of typical Caribbean stuff, high end cosmetics and jewelry, arts stores, etc. Folks on bicycles everywhere. The first thing I noticed once off the ship was the smell .... not a good smell either. The place needs a good cleaning (garbage laying about) ... quaint colorful small homes, old churches & B&B's but the rundown buildings diminished the allure for me. I'd like to see the night life there. Bottom line: I'll go back for a day trip or overnight, but wouldn't want to spend extended time there (I'll be back in 2020!) Entertainment on the cruise was great! The house cast was very good. The singing trio Uptown was excellent (sang Motown songs!), and a fellow named Chris Hawks was impressive with his guitar and voice. I hope I see Uptown & Chris on a future cruise! Blu was great, as usual. Service equally excellent ... Something about the Summit ... I always have a great time on the Summit!

Love the Summit!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Maryeveryday

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Aqua Class

Something about the Summit ... I always have a great time on the Summit!
Maryeveryday’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Aqua Class
Cabin A2 1133
Cabin was a sunset cabin on the 11th deck. Need I say more?
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins