• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Maryeveryday
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin: Aqua Class

I chose the cruise for the itinerary; just good fortune that it was on the Summit. Four nights, 2 stops: Bahamas and Key West. I really wanted to go to Key West; Bahamas I've been to before. Key West is, in a word, Bohemian. Colorful, shop after shop, restaurants galore of various quality with historic places of interest and museums here and there. Interesting characters hanging about (one definitely had the pirate thing going one). The highlight for me was the Hemingway House. I learned quite a bit about Hemingway from a really excellent docent. Small souvenir shop but had nice choice of items. If you fancy felines, Hemingway's cats are there for photo ops and a quick pet (54 of them!)

Be warned that Key West is a tourist trap: a mix of typical Caribbean stuff, high end cosmetics and jewelry, arts stores, etc. Folks on bicycles everywhere. The first thing I noticed once off the ship was the smell .... not a good smell either. The place needs a good cleaning (garbage laying about) ... quaint colorful small homes, old churches & B&B's but the rundown buildings diminished the allure for me. I'd like to see the night life there.

Bottom line: I'll go back for a day trip or overnight, but wouldn't want to spend extended time there (I'll be back in 2020!)

Aqua Class

Cabin A2

Cabin was a sunset cabin on the 11th deck. Need I say more?

Port Reviews

Key West

Toured Key West on my own. Yes I'd go back.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

I stayed at the Pier 66 hotel. It was quite nice. I dined at a restaurant called the Pelican Landing. This was fine ... overrated on some review sites ... prices high but was convenient walk from my hotel room to the restaurant. I probably would try another restaurant next time ....

Nassau

I've been to Nassau 2-3 times. I like to visit beaches when I vacation; i had already been to the Atlantis so I had planned to visit Blue Lagoon for the day but slept through my alarm (had far too much fun the night before, lol!)

Find a Celebrity Summit Cruise from $206