3. Carnival Conquest
We went on this cruise with another couple. We enjoy cruising and we wanted to see Aruba and Curaçao. We were impressed with the efficiency of embarking, but the disembarking was very chaotic. The food was very good in the dining room and on the lido deck. (except the desserts were much better in the dining room than the lido deck) All of the staff were very friendly, and were always working very hard. We had a port side balcony stateroom which was very nice, with lots of storage for our belongings. The bed was very comfortable for me, but a little too soft for my husband. The shows were great, and the music all over the ship was very good. The cruise director, Matt, was very energetic and a lot of fun. There were a few things I think Carnival could improve. There is not a lot of shaded areas for relaxing on a chase lounge. I have to protect my skin, and it was hard to find chase lounges in the shade. I usually sat in a chair to stay out of the sun. Lots of people saved seats, and never used them. One day I saw a worker putting stickers on unattended chairs, but passengers pulled off the stickers. I am not sure they can enforce people to share the chairs. We were excited to get 2 $10 free cards to use in the casino, but the days they were valid for were days we were in different ports. Our last 2 sea days it would have been nice to use those in the casino. Carnival should give passengers the whole week to use them. We had breakfast in the dining room several times, and noticed they had a “quick” 25 minutes in and out on the last day. We wanted a good breakfast on our last day,but we were in a hurry to get off at 7:30. We made a mistake going to the dining room, because we were there from 6:30-7:10 and our food had not been served. We had to leave and run up to the lido deck to grab juice and a pastry so that we could get down to level 3 by 7:30. We had kept our bags to self assist, so that we could get to the airport for our early flight. (11:50 am) There were so many people waiting in the elevator area on 3, that we couldn’t even get off the elevator. All 6 elevators were stopped on 3 trying to get off to go to the auditorium. After holding up all the elevators for 15 minutes, we finally were able to get off the ship and go through the very long line to go through customs. This was the worse disembarking we have ever seen. (This was our 10th cruise, 2nd on Carnival.) There were a few problems, but we still had a fun 8 days at sea.

A Fun 8 Days at Sea

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by hawaiinana

There were a few problems, but we still had a fun 8 days at sea.
hawaiinana’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 7340
Our cabin was very nice. The air conditioner kept us cool. The bed was comfortable.(if you like soft beds) There were 3 closets for our clothes and several drawers. The bathroom had several shelves over the sink. But the shower had no place to put shampoo and cream rinse.The sofa had two holes in the cushions, and should be replaced. Our cabin steward, Imade, was very polite and kept our cabin clean, with fresh towels and ice. We ordered water bottles and they were in the cabin when we got there at 1:30. Our refrigerator kept the water cool, but not cold. We liked being in the middle of the ship, for less movement. But we always had a long walk to the front or to the back for dinners. The elevators are confusing until you figure out how to get around the ship,
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Island Tour
    Good tour but we spent too much time seeing cacti and rocks in the dessert. We wished we had booked another tour to enjoy the pretty beaches.
    View All 216 Island Tour Reviews