Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by GtownWI

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

This was our first time on Royal Caribbean - have cruised on Carnival and Holland America before.

We had a great time with friends on the Navigator of the Seas however both the food and the nightly entertainment were very disappointing. Normally I'm excited for the shows each night. This time there was only 1 show that I really enjoyed.

The waitstaff in the Sapphire restaurant were really great it's just the food was pretty much the same each night. I had to order eggs every day for breakfast as the rest of the food was not good - pancakes were cold, french toast was covered in sugar, toast and bagels were cold and hard as a rock most times. We thought if we went into the Sapphire restaurant for breakfast at least the toast would be fresh - it wasn't. There was a large variety for lunch in the Windjammer restaurant however it wasn't all that great - even the pizza tasted like it was a frozen pizza.

I really liked how Deck 5 was laid out like a city street. We spent many evenings there since the entertainment wasn't very entertaining.

There were a lot of deck chairs so we had no problem getting them each day whereas on other ships that was an issue.

While my teens didn't like it, I really liked the 1 am curfew for anyone under 18. They also spent a lot of time on the sports deck as there was always something for them to do up there.

The staff at guest services were always very helpful

Most cruises you are bombarded every evening to get your photo taken - not this one. So I did like that. I also liked the photo gallery concept - they have several kiosks where you can digitally see you photos. However it was closed every time we went to see our photos. on the last night we finally found it open only to have watermarks all over the photos so it was tough to see if it was a good photo or not - therefore we didn't purchase any.

GtownWI's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin H 3542

The cabin was as expected, Our steward was great. The hallway outside our room was smelly and there was a fan blowing on the carpet every day.

This year we remembered to bring magnet hooks so that helped to keep stuff off of the small vanity area.

GtownWI