3. Regal Princess
This was a spring break cruise for me, my significant other, our 12-year old daughter and our 8-year old granddaughter. We got to the port around 10:30 and were on the ship within an hour and were able to go straight to our rooms. Our cabin steward, Ivan, introduced himself and asked if we needed anything, which we didn't because he had already made sure that we had all of the necessities. After dropping off our carry-on bags, we explored the ship a bit and then went to Alfredo's for lunch. The food there was amazing!! I HIGHLY recommend the Rollata di Melanzane (Baked eggplant stuffed with angel hair pasta)! The shows in the main dining room were ok, similar to others I have seen on other lines; however; I do not like how the main theater is set up, I prefer seating like they have in the Vista Lounge. I love the way that the mid-ship is set up with bars, dining and shops surrounding the Piazza; I also love that the casino was NEVER filled with smoke! I actually spent a little time in there because of that. Movies under the Stars is done really well with the padded chairs. The only complaint that I had is that they still need to work some bugs out of the anytime dining; the first night was perfect, we were seated right away and got our food very quickly. The second night was completely opposite of that! We waited for over an hour and then just decided to go to the Horizon Court, which I must say, for a buffet is awesome!! They had a Mongolian grill set up that night with lots of different types of veggies, as well as chicken, beef, pork, shrimps, salmon and scallops. It also had buckwheat noodles, udon noodles, regular noodles and white rice as well as multiple sauces and spice levels; it was perfect!!! I wish that they had that every night! The pizza on the lido deck was good, as was the burgers, hot dogs and wings at the Trident Grill. The International Cafe had great sandwiches, salads and treats and the coffee was as good as any on land coffee shop! One thing that I really liked was how the wait staff brought drinks to your table at the Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro; that was a nice change from having to get it yourself. We all had the soda and more packages and never had to wait anywhere on the ship long for a drink, as soon as we were done with one, someone was asking if we needed a refill. My daughter didn't spend too much time in the kids club, but our granddaughter did and loved it. Both of the kids participated in the "Jr. Chef at Sea" program and had a great time; they also each received a picture of themselves with the pastry chef, as well as one of the entire group; they also each received a certificate, a Princess chef hat and apron and their decorated cakes. I'm glad that we signed up as soon as the clubs opened because they only allow so many kids and there were 266 kids in the 8-12 year old group, which is the group that participates in this program. Tip - pack pants and closed toe shoes if you want your kids to participate as they need to have both; thankfully, St. Thomas has a lot of american stores that sell both, it's difficult to find pants in the Caribbean otherwise. My SO and I were selected to take place in the Chef's Table Lumiere; if you get a chance to do this, take it! It's well worth the cost! Don't eat the day of though because it's a ton of food! Debarkation was the easiest that I have ever experienced! At Princess Caye we got Coastal Cruise with lockers, floats, and snorkel gear for four (2 packages). The coastal cruise was a lot of fun, we actually used the same boat that's used for the glass-bottom tour. The guides were very knowledgeable and gave a lot of history of the island. Snorkeling around the pier was good, I had forgotten my underwater camera though and missed some good shots, as my SO and daughter saw a barracuda! At St. Thomas we did the two island snorkel tour. We spent about an hour or so at Buck Island, were we saw a ton of fish, sea urchins and coral, but no turtles; we then boarded the boat to Honeymoon Beach on Water Island. On the way to the second island, the staff provided unlimited soda and water for the kids as well as unlimited rum punch for the adults! At Honeymoon Beach, the kids played along the shore and found a bunch of cool shells and sea glass while my SO and I snorkeled, I went off on my own and found a turtle!! That was the highlight of my day! We spent another hour or so there, the boat had an open bar the entire time and they kept the drinks flowing on the way back to the ship. It was a ton of fun and I highly recommend this excursion for everyone! At St. Maarten we went to Rockland Estates and took the Sky Explorer (ski-type lift) up the mountain, took a ton of pictures and then took it back down the mountain. If I did this again, I would include the Flying Dutchman zipline because it looked like a lot of fun! The highlight of the trip though was eating at Emilo's! The food there was fantastic and the portions were huge! We will definitely visit there again! This was our best cruise ever. If you are on the fence about this ship, give it a try yourself!

Amazing Cruise!

Regal Princess Cruise Review by loco1969

loco1969’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Regal Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IA B431
This was a sideways cabin that was about 175 SF. The set-up of the cabin made it feel bigger than it actually was.The main area had plenty of storage, the suitcases were able to go under the bed.The 2 end tables each had two drawers in them and the desk area had five drawers and plenty of counter space.The dressing area had 2 closets to hang clothes in, both were good sized.There was also a closet that had 5 or six small shelves and a safe in it and about four larger shelves beside it.The bathroom was a normal cruise ship bathroom. There was plenty of space for the four of us.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Princess Cays
    We received snorkel equipment and float rentals for the day with lockers and an hour long coastal cruise. We didn't use the float rentals as we spent quite a while snorkeling around the pier, we saw a ton of fish, including barracuda. At 1:30, we boarded the same boat that they use for the glass bottom tour. We took an tour to the end of the island where the lighthouse is. The guides were extremely knowledgeable about the history of the island. It was a fun way to end the day and the scenery along the coast was amazingly beautiful!!
    View All 12,988 Princess Cays Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Princess Cays Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    We took a charter bus to the estate. On our way there, our bus driver talked to us about the devastation that the island had endured from Hurricane Irma.It was sad to see how much damage was done to the island and how much repair they still need to do. Once we got to the Rockland Estate, we were given bands to show which activities we were doing. You go through the museum first, which is set up pretty well to explain the history of the estate. We then got on the Sky Explorer, which is a ski lift type of ride; there are actually two separate lifts, the first takes about 25 minutes, the second is only about 5. Right before the end of the second lift, they take your picture so be prepared to smile. Once at the end, you have to take stairs to the top where you will get a fantastic view of the entire island. You can also watch people ride the Flying Dutchman zip line or one of the other rides. After we took the lift back down to the bottom, we bought our picture at the gift shop and then went to Emilio's and ate lunch. Emilio's was the highlight of our trip to the estate! The food was amazing and the the portions were huge! It's a beautiful restaurant.
    View All 12,988 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    We did the Discovery Family Two Island Snorkel and Beach Getaway by Fastcat. We boarded the Virgin Breeze Powercat and headed to Buck Island to snorkel, the crew provided all of the necessary equipment. We spent an hour or so here. We saw a ton of different fish, sea urchins and coral; however, we didn't see any turtles until we all got back on the boat and one peaked it's head up out of the water. On the way to Honeymoon Beach on Water Island the crew provided soda, water or rum punch for adults and had the music playing. Once we got to Honeymoon Beach, my girls stayed close to the shore and looked for shells and sea glass, they found quite a bit. My SO and I did some more snorkeling, I went out away from everyone else and found a turtle, that was the highlight of my day! The boat had an open bar for the time we were at the beach. After spending an hour or so there, we boarded to head back to our ship. The crew kept the party going with free-flowing rum punch, my glass never had a chance to get emptied lol. Overall, it was a great excursion and I would highly recommend it to anyone going to St. Thomas.
    View All 319 Snorkeling Reviews