3. Viking Delling
Not for people with disabilities: I recently completed a cruise of the Rhône Valley. I found the ship and experiences to be very difficult for people with mobility issues. What is more shocking is that there are no handicap accessible cabins. The shower is incredibly small and has no grab bar. additionally, there are free excursions offered every day but the vast majority on my cruise were not handicap accessible. They should offer excursions for people with limited abilities. My other major complaint is that meals are only served in a group setting at 7:15 PM each night. There is no on-demand dining and no in room service so if you want to eat a small meal or at a different time you cannot. Dinners are usually long and lasting till at least 9:30 PM. I realize this is the continental way of eating but that iis a little too late for me. also, be forewarned that the cabins are extremely tight, with the beds being about 4 inches apart from each other. There's no room to move about in the cabin. On the positive side, the staff were excellent. The food was generally good and the alcohol flowed freely. The ship was clean and the public rooms were nicely finished.

Not for people with disabilities

Viking Delling Cruise Review by beth234

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Dear beth234, We appreciate you sharing some details from your cruise experience. Thank you for recognizing our hardworking onboard staff and tasty food and beverage offerings. We regret to hear of your disappointment in our dining schedule, as well as your experience of physical difficulties onboard and ashore. While we make every effort to welcome guests of all abilities, our ships are built to European specifications, per local port authorities; which can mean without elevators and ramps. The valuable feedback you’ve provided allows us to review our products for future improvements. Should you wish to give us the opportunity to respond, we invite you to email us at TellUs@Vikingcruises.com. We hope to hear from you, beth234, and wish you the very best. Warm regards, Viking Cruises
beth234’s Full Rating Summary