3. Magellan
We booked to go on the Easter Getaway and River Seine Cruise as I so wanted to go again to the Scilly Isles again after 30 years and as I had never been to Guernsey that too was a great attraction. As we were finishing our booking in procedure I happened to notice a flyer saying due to adverse weather we would after all not be going to both the Scily Islands or Guernsey! At this point we both felt like turning round and going home,we were now going to Rotterdam Cherbourg and Portsmouth!! We unfortunately carried on with the cruise as we thought we had no other option and we can go to Rouen and Honfleur as we had never been there and they were as we were told very pretty we had booked an Excursion and were looking forward to that. We were shown our cabin 7038 inside as that was all that was available at the time of booking it was very clean no frills but adequate,but also very noisy the district roar we hoped it would substitute as we sailed away ,this was not the case it was like sleeping next to the mother way.On complaining to reception a engineer came and listened and said go back to reception and speak to them,which I dully did and nothing was done. To cut a long story short we could not sleep for a week Rotterdam was dire so was Cherbourg Portsmouth was as we have been to many times before. On sailing up the Seine the Captain informed us we could not go to Rouen as there was a strike!!The whole cruise was a disaster.Needless to say we will never go with Cruise and maritime again I must add when sailing from Cherbourg to Portsmouth we met to adverse weather conditions.

Don't expect to go where you thought

Magellan Cruise Review by Plantypot

Plantypot’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

So noisy we coul not sleep even when the air conditioner was turned off like sleeping next to a motorway.