3. Magellan
Chose this ship and cruise because I didn't want to holiday on a ship that held thousands! Was my first cruise on a larger ship, having only done river cruises, so was a bit apprehensive, but once embarked, everything went smoothly, and I didn't find the amount of passengers on board too daunting. This was a cruise that included the Shetlands and Orkneys, as well as Iceland and I enjoyed every port of call. I thought Rekyavik was beautifully clean and fresh, as was Lerwick and Kirkwall. Disembarkation too went smoothly and I was off the ship in less than 10 minutes. Personally I wouldn't use Raffles self service as it was a free for all and seating was difficult to find, plus many persons were lacking in manners! So I dined all three meal servings in one of the two waited restaurants, and I couldn't fault the service from waiters and most days the food was good. As for the show entertainment in the theatre - well, I've seen many West End productions and the shows on the Magellan excelled and were thoroughly enjoyable. All-in-all, generally for me it was a very good cruise and value for the money I paid. We did encounter some rough seas - only to be expected in that area, but if you were careful, and took heed of the advice given, walking around on ship was easily negotiable. And sea sick pills were given out free from reception desk!

Chasing the Arora Borealis

Magellan Cruise Review by pixieears999

pixieears999’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

This was one of several twin cabins allocated to singles. The bed was very comfortable and everything was clean, as was shower and toilet. Plenty of room in the wardrobe. Cabin size itself was very good, as was TV coverage - though didn't watch much TV! Only thing I would say is, air con adjustment is on ceiling and as I'm only 5'2", difficult to adjust, but cabin steward was excellent and very helpful. The temperature for me throughout the whole cruise was okay.