3. Harmony of the Seas
This was the first time we were taking our kids on a cruise (ages 11 & 9) - we really wanted to make sure there was plenty of entertainment. We did sign them up for Adventure Ocean but neither of them were very interested. I have to say that we seem to be the anomaly as everyone I talk to raves about it. So we must be the unusual. The feedback my son gave (9 yo) - games were fun but he thought they would play on the actual sports deck versus just in the room. He’s interested in sports and video games - so he thought there would be a video game tournament not just targeted to teenagers (same for sports). Maybe they did this, but we didn’t go back. My daughter is 11 going on 15 and seemed to be smack in the middle of too old or too young. That said, they LOVED the cruise. The pools, slides, shows, game shows, family comedy night, they were never bored! Our cabin was roomy enough and no one ever really felt cramped at all. We had a balcony over the boardwalk which was great! People watching at it’s best and you can even catch the entertainment. My only complaint would be the announcements seemed to get loud at 3AM and woke me up. We checked out the art auction and found a piece we liked but it was just too pricey. That’s okay - it happens. They did keep inviting us to a VIP event and even called at 8AM one morning. That was a tad annoying but they were so friendly and truly not pushy! The WindJammer was great for us. My kids had control of their own plates and were happy with the options. We did figure out the busy times and stayed away during those moments. The dessert bar night was bananas but the kids enjoyed the craziness. The Main dining room was great. Loved the food options and service! The staff seem a little shy in there but it was unobtrusive so it was nice. Our only recommendation for improvement to RC is to provide age ranges on all activities. It was clearly noted when it was 18+, however we searched for open basketball and volleyball games for our kids and they were told they were too young. There was a “Family Hot Shot” tournament that we made sure to be ready for at the published time only to get there and their schedule books notes a 1/2 hour earlier. Truly crushing to be honest. It was over by the time we got there. So something targeted toward open ages and then honoring the published times would be great. The only other thing I would note is it seemed hard to find garbage cans. Maybe we just always have trash - I have no idea but it felt like we carried it around until we found the next can. So weird. It was So clean though so they are doing something right! Our kids loved the ice cream machine too! Just a blast! Enjoy the moment and relax into all of it.

Big Ship - Big Fun

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by JMullen1111

JMullen1111’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

We loved it. We were worried about the bathroom being too small but it was modern and fine space! The balcony was just a great extension of the room and we were out there often.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans