3. Freedom of the Seas
After having just left the Harmony, 6 days aboard the FREEDOM was just what I needed and I must admit to enjoying this cruise much more than the previous week. Embarkation was quick and easy - as was the final disembarkation. Leaving the ship for the islands however was something very different. The Cruise Compass and indeed the Captain announced that gangways to leave the ship would be open on Deck 1, forward and mid-ship. As a result, hundreds of people were turned away from Deck 1 (forward) because the gangway was not being used. Everyone had to relocate to Deck 1 (mid-ship). Chaos ensued! This happened twice and many people were left with the idea that one couldn't trust the Cruise Compass or the Captain! I must also address the security upon returning to the ship after visitinng Cozumel. The lady in front of me had 2 bottles of alcohol and after going through the x-ray machine, she was told to register with the 'liquor collecting clerk' who would take the bottles from her until the last evening onboard. The security lady then turned to the passenger behind me and completely failed to check on the 'tequila' lady; who promptly walked straight into the elevator (nursing her bottles) and even had the audacity to laugh and joke about the security onboard. I am only assuming that this lady had alcohol because the security woman never even opened the plastic bags to check on the contents. If rules are in place, why are they not enforced? Especially with security? I am a main dining room eater but must confess that the first night on board changed that! Since there are specific dress rules, these were not enforced at all. I am sitting down to eat and am joined by a man wearing short shorts showing horrible black hairs on his legs! Ugh! Even though the first evening is 'casual' (presumably because luggage may not have been delivered in time) this was certainly not the case with the Freedom. It was 8pm and all luggage had been delivered in a very timely manner; however the amount of people in sleeveless, shoulderless, torn, oversize vests and flip-flops was staggering. After this experience, I chose to eat in the Windjammer; which I must say was excellent. Even though I was always over-dressed, it was much more comfortable for me. And so for the second time, I must ask … why have these rules, if they are not enforced? My stateroom was excellent. The attendant (Sergio) did a great job. It was always cleaned and smelling fresh. The ship is lovely, well planned and well cared for. I appreciate that the Schooner Bar is between the casino and the theater. Everything worth having is all on deck 4! Service was not the best, I'm afraid. There were not enough people staffing Guest Services, which resulted in long queues and the same can be said for the Schooner Bar (staff and waiters) and the Casino. Upon checking my final bill, I saw that I had been charged for 6 drinks in the Schooner Bar (which were ordered on "Diamond Time"). How could that happen, I ask myself - since I was never presented with a bill and certainly never signed one? After a very long wait at Guest Services this was eventually rectified. I should also add that several of the ladies restrooms were often out of hand-wash and sanitizer. Notwithstanding these negatives, I enjoyed the FREEDOM much more than the Harmony. It is a nice, compact ship, with everything easily accessible. Maybe the ship was just short-staffed but the crew/staff were always smiling, courteous and anxious to meet every need.

FREEDOM re-charges the batteries.

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Joyontheseas

Joyontheseas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Great stateroom. No problems with either the room or the attendant.
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans