3. Grandeur of the Seas
Chose this cruise because we live only about one hour drive from Port of Baltimore and it’s so easy to get there. No airfare needed! Embarking is a breeze. This was our fourth Royal Caribbean cruise. (2 other prior cruises with HAL and Carnival) My husband and I cruised with our two children (6&8) and our friends who are new to cruises and brought their two children (7&9). This was our second trip on Grandeur. It felt like coming home. Our last trip on Grandeur was also a spring break/Easter cruise. This time they tried to do a little more to recognize the Easter holiday. There was an opportunity to have a photo with Easter bunny and an Easter egg hunt. The hunt was poorly organized. They need to stagger entry so small and young children have a chance. Some adults were rushing in too. Not a good scene. The food was very good. I thought they do a really nice job when you consider how many folks they’re cooking for. Our friends are vegetarian and they had special requests that were honored everyday. The ship seems to be cutting corners here and there. Anyone who has cruised for over ten years will notice it. My big gripe is the soda package. I prepaid for unlimited Coca Cola products but got very limited product. The machines that dispense the coke products malfunction or are poor stocked. Unless you prefer Sprite or root beer, don’t buy the package. The machines were almost always out of Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero. I complained three times and no change. Also no bar server or restaurant server ever offered to refill my coke. This is despite the fact I had to prepay 18% gratuity in the entire Coke product beverage package.( I feel very ripped off. Hope you are listening Royal Caribbean!) Our experience was overall very good. We did not like the cruise director “Big Bob” as he was not warm and personable, in our experience. My friend participated in a game and Big Bob yelled and pressured him to take off his shirt. My friend was not happy. We did love our main dining room experience. Shout out to Great Gatsby’s Anita, Grant G., Vitaliy and Robert W. (Or the “Sheriff” of windjammer). These guys really care and want their guests to have best possible experience. So Enjoyed the prime rib, lobster tail, shrimps, cheesecake, cherries jubilee, ceasar salad, French onion soup, eggs, mashed potatoes, fresh fruit, daily rolls with butter, chicken Parmesan, molten chocolate cake, raspberry ganache, and ice cream. Yum! (I probably gained five pounds.) Did try Olga’s yoga classes. My friend and I went to four or five. I thought she was good. Took dance class with Bas ❤️and Zumba with Caroline. ❤️ They were both great. We enjoyed our ports. Can see hurricane damage but had a perfect beach day in Phillipsburg, St. Martin. Took a fun snorkel excursion in St. Thomas to Turtle Bay. Unfortunately we didn’t see many tropical fish or coral. Again, if you snorkeled ten or more years ago you see the difference. The ocean is changing. We enjoyed shopping in St. Kitts and toured on our own mostly. Caribbean Cab drivers were super aggressive at times. Had so-so experience dealing with them on the islands. Enjoyed the local beer. Try Piton and Caribe. Enjoyed eating shrimp, rice and beans at The Nest at the Valley Church Beach on Antigua. Loved Burger Madness on St. Martin. Don’t expect quick service though. Remember you’re on Island Time. We had two days with rough seas. My kids were seasick (plus our little one ran fever for days) but taking Tylenol and Dramamine early helped. Must say, Did NOT have good experience at the medical facility with ship’s doctor “Luis” , nurse “Rose” seemed more caring, but both gave bad medical advice contrary to what our excellent pediatricians say to do here in US. I would NOT return to that clinic unless dying. Would return to Grandeur of the Seas but we are interested in checking out some newer ships so we’re booked on a Ovation and Anthem for our upcoming cruises. We do always appreciate Adventure Ocean (AO) staff. They do a great job with our kids. Our kids were sad however they didn’t get AO pillowcases this time or get to repeat the pirate parade they did last time. We also liked Donna the face painting professional. She was so nice and friendly and did a great job with the kids. Happy cruising!

Fun with Family & Friends

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by CruiserQueen24

Happy cruising!
CruiserQueen24’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

• Turtle Swim
    Enjoyed sailing on nice catamaran and crew was nice. Enjoyed rum punch. Sunny day. Saw only one sea turtle. Saw one barracuda.
    View All 83 Turtle Swim Reviews