3. Norwegian Gem
My friends were going on the 1/2/10 CTN, so we decided to give it a try, having had pleasant past cruises with NCL. I could rant and rave for a long time but I will just list my major complaints. 1. Way overpriced for what's included. Whats included is not much, forcing you to pay for extras-overcrowded main dining = high priced optional restaurants. 2. Too many people, many of whom could care less for common courtesy.For instance the Number system for boarding. We happened to have a #20 due to a disability; people with higher numbers(#25 you know who you are) cut the lines so they could get on-board ahead of their turn; And the big problem was that NCL staff were not enforcing the number sequence procedure. 3. NCL advises call Access Desk if extra help needed for disability; Called and was assured help available with boarding for wheelchair bound passenger; no one available and request of helper personnel resulted in "talk with supervisor" answers from NCL personnel at embarkation; had to push wife up gangplank myself with breathing problems and past heart attack. 4. Welcome aboard is now an excuse to sell overpriced drinks - alcohol only available at outrageous prices; and solicitations for all extra charge services were rampant. 5.Show was OK, but again rude people showing up at the last minute and forcing their way to random open seats caused blocked views of the show for people who had arrived on time. 6.People, many with too many drinks under their belts, being obnoxious and loud at all hours of the night. 7. Poor service since they charge a per diam gratuity per person automatically which discourages individual accountability and rewarding for actual level on individual service. I am sure I could list more negative items, but lets just say if the CTN is supposed to make non-cruisers want to cruise, I think NCL does not have it's oars in the water.

One Night Robbery

Rates
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8098
Out of the way; good view for obstructed cabin; too noisy in hall; emergency buttons too easy to bump into by accident; access from restaurant area has narrow hall with too many turns for a disabled room.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins