3. Silver Wind
We enjoyed a wonderful 7 night cruise on board Silver Wind, sailing the eastern part of Caribbean islands. It’s been 2 years since from our last cruise with Silver Wind and we were very excited to sail with her again. We had amazing time throughout the week, enjoying flawless service onboard and nice destinations. The weather could not have been better in March when sailing the Caribbean. What I in particular waited was to see how they have maintained and refurbished some of the areas. I must say that there is something special in Silver Wind. I like yacht-like look and feel throughout the ship. Small, elegant and extremely well maintained. It was nice to see that many of the public areas had received refurbishment since our last cruise two years ago. All areas looked fresh with a bit more lighter color scheme (similar to Silver Muse) which I enjoyed a lot. This was visible especially in throughout the ship in all lobbies, La Terazza, Panorama Lounge, Observation Lounge and around the pool area. Our suite On this cruise we stayed in a Veranda Suite on deck 5. The suite was as expected. Up to Silversea standards and always immaculate. Our butler and maid did a wonderful job in making sure that everything was always there for us – and always a smile on their face. They did arrange a very nice birthday surprise for us as well on one night which is something to remembered as well for long. The veranda is always a delight and we took a full advantage of that one. However, you may still consider to stay in Vista Suite as well especially on Silver Wind as the ship is so small that you will easily just walk to the deck and find your own special place. The suite is a bit smaller than the ones you have on newer ships such as Silver Whisper or Silver Spirit. What I did miss a bit was a separate walk-in shower. Dining We enjoyed breakfast in La Terazza, The Restaurant and in our suite. The best experience was always in the privacy of our own suite. La Terazza breakfast buffet is a good in terms of selection and service easy casual and fast during breakfast. Considering the size of the ship, I feel that La Terazza can be bit busy during 08-09 at breakfast times. Also hard to get a table for four outside as there are only few tables. In the Restaurant it is a la carte breakfast. Very nice atmosphere for breakfast there. For lunch our favorite is the Pool bar. Excellent service throughout the day. Good food and drinks. You can have your burgers, fries and salads by the pool or nearby tables as you please. Always a pleasure. Afternoon tea in La Terazza: one of the highlights! Try to find some time from your schedule and enjoy afternoon tea on the veranda in La Terazza. It is a wonderful experience to enjoy some pastries and sweets with a cup of tea or champagne and talk about the day and admire the view. Very relaxing and chilled atmosphere. Dinner in La Terazza: this is one of my favorite restaurant concepts onboard Silversea fleet. The food was great during our cruise (as always). You can have your 4 course Italian dinner here. We did feel that it was at times a bit chaotic in La Terazza during dinners. It was mainly due the size of the restaurant; it is fairly small and large tables are close to each other. But nevertheless we enjoyed and had a good time. The setting of La Terazza is better on Silver Whisper and Silver Muse. Superb wine service staff. Dinner in The Grill: always fun experience to cook your own food. Nice to sit outside for the dinner. Flawless services. Food is simple grill food but as the ingredients are excellent you don’t actually need much. Have your salad for the started, followed by a nice steak and end with sweet finale with apple pie and ice cream. Who needs more? Dinner in The Restaurant: good food, attentive service. Superb wine service staff. Elegant a la carte restaurant with changing menu during our cruise. We had one of the best meals on our cruise here. I’ve not been a fan of The Restaurant during my past voyages during our previous cruises but now it really took a special place on this voyage. We all liked it a lot. Dinner in La Dame: small and elegant setting. Food was good, but not great this time. It is a nice experience, but I’m again thinking that is it worth of the extra bee (60 USD per person). Service is great, but so it is across the ship. Food here is good but not spectacular. What I do miss here is to really have a wine pairings included to menu. That would lift the experience in my view. Now serving champagne, white, red wine for the set menu is a bit boring in my view. Of course there is the extensive wine list that you can choose from as well, as we then did. IF you dine here, you need to take the soufflé as desert. It is wonderful. Embarkation We had excellent embarkation in San Juan. We were able to access the ship already around 12. Everything ready, everything easy. Leave your luggage, get your suite card, walk in to the ship, no lines no hassle. Have glass of champagne, get your picture taken and you are all set to go. Some for leaving the ship in all ports flawless and when finally disembarkation came all worked as smoothly as you can image. Clientele On this cruise the clientele was international as usual. Mainly couples and some family groups. On this cruise I think that the clientele was a bit younger as well than on the other cruises we have been on. Overall experience To us Silversea provides always excellent experience and good value for money. It is a great product and we recommend it to anyone who has travelled a lot, has international background, appreciates less is more approach and is not looking for neon lights or rock climbing walls. It’s the ship, the service, the food and the destinations that make all the difference. Silver Wind is a lovely small ship with excellent condition. Such a beauty!

Wonderful 7 night round trip cruise from San Juan