3. Grandeur of the Seas
We liked the itinerary very much: St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. The 6 days at sea are very relaxing, too. The staff is great - so friendly! Since the Grandeur is an older ship, you can't see your bill on the TV and have to brave the lines at Guest Services to get a printout. Other than that, we don't mind an older ship. We're not really into all the bells and whistles of the newer ships. And the size of this ship is more reasonable, too. We like having a show every night after dinner. The food was good, and the entertainment was good too. Nothing mind-blowing, but basically pretty good. We had a Jr. Suite, which was fine. Identical to a balcony cabin but a bit wider. Also, there is a bathtub in the bathroom. I needed the extra room so I could bathe my adult son with autism, who travels everywhere with us. We prefer the bathroom in the handicapped cabins, but those cabins are so hard to get. You probably have to book at least a year in advance to get one of those! So we have to shell out the big bucks to get a Jr. Suite in order to properly take care of our handicapped son. We just love St. Kitts. It is our favorite of the Caribbean Islands. This time we did an ATV ride, and it was just so much fun!!! Highly recommend it!

Very Nice Cruise

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Gum Drop

Gum Drop’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

• Antigua
    It was fine. We had a bus ride to a place where we got on a boat and went out to a floating dock. There we got into the water and fed the stingrays. That part was fun.
    View All 12,995 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Baltimore
    It is easy to get in and out of the Baltimore cruise port. Embarkation wasn't bad, and disembarkation was a breeze. So easy!
    View All 348 Baltimore Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Baltimore Cruise Port Review
  • ATV Adventure
    This was the highlight of the cruise. My hubby and I loved it! I would have rated it a 5 star, but they wouldn't let my son ride behind me. The ATVs are for one person only, and my son has autism and can't drive himself. The description on the website and in their brochure did not say "no passengers" and we've always taken him as a passenger before. They need to make it clear that everybody has to be able to drive an ATV themselves.
    View All 32 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Catamaran Tour
    The crew of the catamaran was absolutely the best! We just loved them, and they really made it special for us. We went out to where airplanes land at Maho beach, and it was so cool to have the planes fly right overhead!
    View All 78 Catamaran Tour Reviews
  • Sapphire Beach
    Sapphire Beach isn't the greatest. There are large, sharp rocks underwater and the waves threw me against them, causing scrapes, bleeding and bruises. I found another section of the beach where it seemed like the underwater rocks had been cleared, and we swam there instead.
    View All 32 Sapphire Beach Reviews