• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Marella Discovery 2 Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Could have done better - you are chopped liver if you aren't from England.

Review for Marella Discovery 2 to the Panama Canal & Central America
LorraineChitters
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin:

It was my 60th birthday and I bought packages for me and my three adult children. We are Canadian. I saved for months for this trip. It fell short by a long shot. In no specific order:

First, the Santa Marta destination was cancelled without explanation. This is an historic site in Colombia that we anticipated for months. We were given a paltry 40 british pounds credit per person and instead were offered an extra day in Jamaica. As Canadians, we have already seen all that can be seen in Jamaica over the years. This meant essentially we were in Montego Bay for about 3 of the 8 days.

Second - the entire Marella entertainment was British based, the assumption being that only Brits were on the cruise. We were only asked our nationality from off-cruise excursion people. All trivia and other fun activities on board were exclusive to Brits: you needed to know their tv shows, their culture, etc. to participate in any activities. We were clearly invisible and insignificant to this cruise line.

Cabin Basic

Nice cabin. I appreciated the attentiveness of the cleaners

5 Helpful Votes