• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Norwegian Sun Review

Editor Rating
53 Awards

Ports chosen were small and within walking distance of the ship.

Review for Norwegian Sun to the Panama Canal & Central America
Easter2018
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin: Aft-Facing Balcony

Restaurant service was top notch. Room steward was excellent. Balcony was great. Good weather. Lots of sun! Lot of work being done on the ship caused some inconvenience...

Expensive gratuities! Drink package chosen for 2 people comes with a charge of $450. gratuity. Soda not available by the can with drink package. Water not included. We drank the water from the ice bucket... bought bottled water on shore. It seems we paid for the cruise but daily living expense was not included. Latitudes member but did not get discount on land tours...Did have great entertainment. Comedian was good along with man on hypnosis..

The Sun band with DiDi was top of the line along with their dancers! We could not hear any announcements in our cabin nor could anyone on our floor...Sorry! N/A...notifications were to be shown on the TV but they wore not. Bad communications! What we really enjoyed is the dinning! Freestyle Dinning. Great for me as I have allergies to perfume and aftershave.

Aft-Facing Balcony

Cabin B1

Room was good. Cleaned 2X day with fresh towels and ice.. Balcony, under rubber mat was another story. Could have used a good scrubbing...since I spent most of my time there. Sofa was so soiled. We used the beach towels to cover it before we sat down. They did have MSNBC for my husband and that was a Godsend! No gratuity added! I read 7 books....and enjoyed my balcony and the sun!

Port Reviews

Miami

clean and very well attended

Cartagena (Colombia)

Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera)

Corinto

Puerto Quetzal (Antigua)

From our balcony we could see the trash in the water. Terribly dirty. Level 4 for American citizens.

Antigua