• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Navigator of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Short trip on our winter vacation during spring break.

Review for Navigator of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
Kayalene
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

My hubby and I each needed 4 more points till D+ so booked a 5 day to Mexico (but stayed on the ship). We arrived at the port of Miami at 11:30am and were on board by noon. This was our first time on Navigator which was pretty much the same as Explorer.

This cruise was during spring break so there were over 1,000 children on board which was 25% of the passengers. However they were involved in age appropriate activities so we were never bothered by them.

We never ate in the dining room. I purchased the Specialty Dining BOGO for the first two nights. First night was Chop’s Grille where we both had steak medium rare. It was done perfectly. Second night at Giovanni’s and again the filet was perfect. Third night at Izumi’s where we cooked filet on hot rocks. Yum! We ate all breakfasts and lunches in the Windjammer as well as the last two nights. I especially like the Asian food on the buffet at lunch. The Windjammer was very crowded except for the port days, so we always got there when they first opened for lunch to make sure we could get a table.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E2

The cabin was very ample for two people. It had a queen size bed, sofa, vanity and nice size closet. There was enough room under the bed to store our suitcases. The bathroom had a small medicine cabinet and a stand up shower with doors on it. I prefer that to a tub so we liked it. The balcony was large enough for two chairs and a small round table.

3 Helpful Votes