3. Golden Princess
We chose Princess because we have loved the experiences with them until this past 12 months. We always found the food choices were a bit better than other cruiselines but now I can say the food quality was down. We were only a few days into the cruise when the captain took ill. We noticed washing of hands with soap and water before entering the food service area had been added. Also noticed it was suppose to be policed by staff but a lot of guests insisted they had already washed their hands elsewhere and were allowed to proceed into the food area!? Not to long after you could start to hear coughing throughout the ship. Then it all started to happen...... guests one by one were becoming ill. The medical centre became quite busy and people were wearing masks to and from the medical centre. I took very ill and had injections. Was put on a drip. Was so ill i couldn’t leave my room for days and got escorted off the ship in Singapore quite rudely and abruptly. I was promised an easy smooth disembarkation without having to queue up because if my illness but instead i was treated poorly and put into a queue anyway, amongst all the other guests who were not ill. It was disgusting.

Illness struck 100’s of us

Golden Princess Cruise Review by lynmcl

We were only a few days into the cruise when the captain took ill.

lynmcl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV E519
Obstructed view but was ok. We could see outside with a bit of the tender boat in the way.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins