3. Carnival Ecstasy
This was my 4th cruise, the 1st for my boyfriend & his children (16, 13 & 10) Charleston is the closest port to us - about a 5 hour drive which was important since we were limited on time during the kids Easter/Spring break Embarkation & disembarkation were seamless - employees were helpful, excited & worked hard to keep all of the lines moving. Parking at $20/day was a little pricey but the car was secure in a warehouse so no worries there. The ship is older but very clean & well maintained - you would never know this was an older ship if you didn't have other cruises to compare it to. The cabin was spotless & our steward Su was exceptional, going above and beyond to meet all of our needs & even speaking to us by name every time we saw him. The Wind Star dining room was amazing, food was delicious & our head water Hamed & his crew was the best at what they did. Those guys were there to make our meals the most enjoyable & fun experience. The shows were great & fun and the kids loved the opportunity to participate. The staff at the Customer Service counter were a little "touchy" but I guess most of the guests that go there are there to complain which could take a toll on anyone. We did the Balmoral Island beach day & Dolphin Encounter in Nassau - even more amazing & interactive than we expected and the Catamaran cruise and Snorkel in Freeport was so relaxing. Employees at both locations were energetic, exciting, fun & well informed - we would highly recommend both excursions!! The pool was a little small & the deck chairs were full before noon - I would recommend that on sea days you enjoy an early breakfast & claim your spot by 9:00-10:00am. This being the first cruise for the kids (ages 10, 13 & 16) we weren't sure how they would react but they started looking for cruises to do next Spring as soon as we were in the car outside of Charleston on our way home. I think the Camps are a good idea but I wish they would offer more activities and more flexible hours. We will definitely be cruising Carnival again in the near future and are sad to hear that this ship will be retiring later this year. Hopefully Su & Hamed will be on our next cruise!!

Ready for our next cruise

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by hemihoney

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
This was my 4th cruise, the 1st for my boyfriend & his children (16, 13 & 10)

The shows were great & fun and the kids loved the opportunity to participate.

hemihoney’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C U193
We had a 2 twins pushed together to make a king, 2 pullman beds & a smaller trundle. A little crowded but we were able to work around it.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins