3. Norwegian Jewel
We chose this cruise at the last minute based on getting a better price over princess. My parents loved princess and none of us had ever tried Norwegian. I had done Royal and carnival before but never NCL. My very first impression of the boat was it was older, didn’t have a good flow, no fancy atrium like royal, and no closing outdoor pool area like carnival has if it is raining. However the staff, ininerary, and overall cruise won me over. I loved the freestyle cruising. I thought all the staff was incredible. The captain was my favorite of all and the cruise director Richard was awesome. The buffets had plenty of areas to eat and they seemed to be open most of the time. They were very clean and had sanitizer stations everywhere. The captain was always telling us when he would see wildlife so we could go see it. I loved this cruise so much my the time it was done. Anytime freestyle dining totally wins in my books and the entertainment was world class. Wished they had a closing pool area for the colder days and an outside or any type of movie theater.

Loved this cruise and staff

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by EricD14

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Inside
EricD14’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Inside
Cabin IX
He cabin was fine. Nothing fancy but as good as the other cruises.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins